Thread: High quality trackball to replace Logitech

High quality trackball to replace Logitech

From the past few months my computer uses Logitech trackballs. I assume that there might be other first class Trackballs which are capable to compete with Logitech. In my case the Corsair would be the best option. I am looking forward to replace my trackball but i need a comparable model. But the worst thing is that there is no change in design of trackball from the past several years. This is really annoying but there seems to be new design like trackball mouse or keyboard. Anyway which one do you prefer?

Re: High quality trackball to replace Logitech

Since there are not many trackballs, but first you look at Logitech and Microsoft, which helps to have it so. Is very clear. Besides the two are still there Kensington trackball as IIRC provider. If you have specific questions then, let me know :-)

I use the Logitech Marble Mouse Trackball for many years. Hours of working on a PC is easy and relaxed possible. The space required is minimal, and for this reason I take the ball with even when I'm traveling with the notebook or netbook. Although notebook mice are much smaller, but working with trackball is just possible, if no time flat surface is available. I can only highly recommend this trackball.

I use Logitech trackballs for years, and several (mice) generations. During my last trackball yet brought a tangible increase in comfort, is the latest generation of an imposition. All previous trackball were equipped with steel beads as a support for the trackball. Logitech recently used as a warehouse for plastic beads, which are unfortunately very significant negative impact on the ease of movement. Yet only three stars because of the ergonomics of her otherwise it is (still) the best trackball.

The trackball was working for play and purchase. The latter works wonderfully. Unfortunately, this trackball is by far not comparable with the 10-year-older model Marble FX. This was clearly an ergonomic shape, but which was now abandoned in favor of a simple market for left-and right-handers. The Marble FX ball was bigger and the fingers were so in this, that you can not accidentally permanently even makes a little move with him.

For use on the PC, I've decided for the Kensington SlimBlade trackball mouse. A wide range of Bluetooth mice do not for bluetooth trackball you can hardly find. The Kensington SlimBlade can be used both in Apple and Windows Connect easily. There is no installation hurdles. The application is in the description: With a double below the ball moves from one mouse to trackball mode. The waiting time is actually up about 2 seconds, which did not interfere. Except for the somewhat loud clicking noise and the limitations in trackball mode in terms of scrolling is it located in the Kensington SlimBlade is a very valued input device that fits comfortably in the hand, a good sized trackball has and as a trackball or mouse is nutztbar - both on Apple and the PC. I do not regret this purchase and would recommend this device only continue.