Thread: Intel 310 Series 80GB SSD for the Acer Iconia Tab W500

Intel 310 Series 80GB SSD for the Acer Iconia Tab W500

I am willing to get a Intel 310 Series 80GB SSD for my Acer Iconia Tab W500, firstly i had the renice driver in my mind as it is said to be fatster as compared to the intell one but then it is quite expensive for now for the moment. so i just wanted to know that if getting Intel 310 Series 80GB SSD for the Acer Iconia Tab W500 is a good deal or not? other than that i also wanted to know that is ti difficult to open the Acer Iconia Tab W500 as i have never done that before? any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Intel 310 Series 80GB SSD for the Acer Iconia Tab W500

I am willing to get a Intel 310 Series 80GB SSD for my Acer Iconia Tab W500, firstly i had the renice driver in my mind as it is said to be fatster as compared to the intell one but then it is quite expensive for now for the moment. so i just wanted to know that if getting Intel 310 Series 80GB SSD for the Acer Iconia Tab W500 is a good deal or not? other than that i also wanted to know that is ti difficult to open the Acer Iconia Tab W500 as i have never done that before? any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.
    I think that you have made a good deal by choosing Acer Iconia Tab W500 because the Renice is not actually a ssd and i don't think that it is a better product then the Intel 310 Series 80GB SSD. I will also like to share that i am having 1.8" G2 Intel SSD and it has been just working great without any problem and all, i am also planning ahead to get a 64GB crucial M4 for my Toshiba M4 soon.

I wont suggest you to get the same because it has just been a week and i have bought the same for my Acer Iconia Tab W500 ad i had followed the below steps:
    • Firstly i had Imaged it through the sata/mSata caddy and after that i had attached the sata caddy to a USB adapter.
    • Then i had Imaged with R drive image and then went with the span option.
    • After that i Slapped in the shiny 310 and then Turned it on and then by surprise i was welcomed with the boot error.
    • After fixing the same with the recovery check using a Windows 7 dvd.
    • Later i picked up the Asus External DVD and it installed few things and after that i used a usual USB drive with Windows 7 and then i don't know what went wrong and the machine just turned off
    I also tried the same for several times but then the machine is just getting froze and now i am really running out of ideas and i don't know what to do?? is there anyone who can help me out with the same??

I think that there might be a bad image that you have made through the sata/mSata caddy so now i will suggest you to make a clean install and then try it out again but then if that does not help then you will have to try out the factory recovery onto the new SSD. Just try it out and then see what you get, i think that one of them should probably solve the issue. Best of luck.

I will suggest you to use “TrueImage” in order to create the image because i have been suing the same and i have never faced boot error problem . You can also try to boot the new drive via USB and then check it out if it is booting properly or not and if it does then you can proceed installing it internally.The other thing that i wanted to say is that set boot from USB in BIOS for the new drive as well as the CD-ROM on USB. Make sure that it is fixed before you install it. Just try ti out and then let me know what you get. Best of luck.