Thread: Is it possible to extend the Corsair SP2500 control pod cable?

Is it possible to extend the Corsair SP2500 control pod cable?

Hi guys I have planning to buy this speaker and I am thinking that I would have the problem with the length of the control pod cable I have even check on the net to how to do this but there Is no information on this available anywhere. I at the movement have the Logitech’s which I was not able to do this as it would affect the functionality of the unit I was hoping f it is possible on the SP2500. So please guys I need a help on this I would be very to know this thanks

Re: Is it possible to extend the Corsair SP2500 control pod cable?

I am sorry as if now there is no information on how to expand the Pod cable, you might need to shift the sub closer to the Pod. That is only way I can see now as there is no another attentive for this

I would suggest you not to do so as that will not possible and if you force it will probably voids the warranty? And it might harm the control pod. So just keep it that way it is that stuff is not cheap

I have read somewhere that the use of an Ultra VGA cable to lengthen the remote can help you to do what you want to do. But it can add a little noise in the Audio control while changing setting was the simply thing to do.

Well to the extent that I know you are able to extent the control pod cable with the help of the VGA cable connecting to it

Providing it has the similar sum of pins there shouldn’t be any trouble on doing so

I have the same problem and if extending avoid the warranty then I should ask corsair to consider make an extension cable for the control pod for the reason that my SP2500 nowhere close to my desk I be able to set the sub as I contain two CPU and my entertainment system next to the wall, although I might relatively have my control unit on the desk to decrease wire mess. I familiar with that people wish for a extended cable, consequently I believe it might be value the attempt for corsair to make and put up for sale an extension

I don’t have SP2500 but I am utilizing a 6 foot extension and I don’t make out why using a longer cable might have some affect on it works. If The cables are of extremely high quality, I can guarantee it will work perfectly ok.

Hi guys I just bought the ultra VGA cable today and I have a some bad news for you folks that , it don’t work properly . It powers the system, but no sound I am not able to adjust sound or anything please guys I need help on this I would be appreciating this thanks

Can you tel me where did you bought this cable and did you sure it is operational and if yes then please check the whether it has all of the 15 Pins there in the cable?

I am not sure that the cable has any fault on ot or not but it has all the 15 pins that you are talking about but still the I am not able to use the controller please guys need help this is actually frustrating

I think I know what might be the problem now the thing is the controller on the SP2500 make use of an SVGA connection that is set up on a few monitors. You can utilize a standard SVGA expansion cable to make longer the length of the remote, providing it has together male as well as female connectors. Ensure you obtain the SVGA cable, since a standard VGA cable may not be able to function on the remote and probably will not permit the speakers to send out the audio signal.