Thread: CORSAIR Voyager Mini 4GB USB Flash Drive is Write Protected

CORSAIR Voyager Mini 4GB USB Flash Drive is Write Protected

Last week I purchased a CORSAIR Voyager Mini 4GB USB Flash Drive. The problem is that whenever I try to format the CORSAIR Voyager Mini USB Flash Drive, it does not format. It appears to be write protected. I tried all possible ways to format it but failed to do so and getting the same message "Device media is write protected". I also tried formatting under Linux but no change, still I am not able to format it. Is there anything else or any way I can format it?

Re: CORSAIR Voyager Mini 4GB USB Flash Drive is Write Protected

According to me there is hardly any thing we can do. Since your product is new so it must be in warranty. I think you should go for a replacement. Just go to the vendor from whom you have purchased the product. Instead of trying various methods to format the product it could dame the USB flash drive of yours. So replacement is the best option.

Same with me I attempted the accompanying approaches to design my Corsair USB Flash drive but it did not formated:
    • Design in Windows-it lives out the system but at the finish get a note "Windows was unable to finish the configuration"
    • Utilize the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool v2.1.8-get a note "Device media is write protected"
    • Utilize SD Formatter v2.0.0.3-get a note "The Memory Card is write-protected. Kindly Release the write ensure switch"
    • Utilize Repair v2.0.1.1-get inform "ISB Flash Disk not found"

I actually acquired a just took the ribbon off new fixed 8GB Voyager Mini & the first thing I attempted is added with photographs but it just got half filled and then stopped & reported that the USB drive was Write Protected. I have attempted organizing it on XP, then on Vista through the drive lands, then through Disk Management all about a couple times each and every! Then I googled the write security situation & found this discussion with alternate individuals having precisely the same situation. I have downloaded & attempted the Panasonic SD Formatter as advised but I am getting the eact same outcomes.

I am glad to add my post and share my experience. I gave back my brand new unformatable dead 8GB Voyager Mini through the online RMA ask for shape, & I am satisfy to express that I gained a just took the brand new replacement in the mail in approx few weeks. I'm happy to report that the new trade 8GB Mini is operating fine, I've topped it off & the file remained there was one when my Vista would have liked to output & repair a conceivable error/corruption, as it produced the information was fine. I've likewise done some speed tests & I'm greatly blissful with a maintained 31mb/s peruse speed 7.5mb/s write. Now it is operating fine without any issues such as formatting .

I was very much interested in giving my feedback about the same to other owners. It appear to be a regular situation with this "Write Protected" stuff. Don't lose confidence in Corsair, they are absolutely expert & proficient in managing with the situations, & I'm still euphoric with their fluctuating memory units & will unmistakably carry on to suggest them to my partners.

Corresponding or you can say similar situation with my Survivor 16GB flash drive. I got partially through an index transfer and got the "write protected" inform. I likewise got a "drive might be degenerate, utilize chkdsk" inform, but when I ran chkdsk it wouldn't work and gave me an additional "write protect" inform.

Try a suggestion that I recommend attempt and format the drive with the Format utility from the SD-CARD Organization. Since this arrangement utility tries not to work than I think you might as well displace the item frame where you have bought it. That is the best equipped remainig alternative alternate with you. I trust you unit moves toward getting replaced soon.

I have a Write Protected Voyager 8gb. Also attempted all possible methods that I could. I'm utilizing W7 x64. When i check it with NOD.. it demonstrates to me those contents.

Code:
    Object:
    G:\sminkom\krijebol.exe
    Threat:
    a variant of Win32/Kryptik.MZD trojan
    Comment:
    Error while deleting.