Thread: Why Corsair AX850 blown up after sometime

Why Corsair AX850 blown up after sometime

Recently I have gathered parts for my Desktop with the latest hardware and the configuration, so I have just connected the entire thing. And for the Power supply purpose I have the new Corsair AX850. So after the connection for the entire parts of the system, I have just made the startup of the Desktop and after some of the time Corsair AX850 PSU Blown up and with a bang and the entire thing stop there. So I have open the cabinet and see the condition of these PSU it’s horrible. So I don’t know why this thing happens with this brand new Corsair AX850 PSU, what may be the problems are there? So I just want to know from you guys that even you have also noticed such thing with the Corsair PSU, or it is my fault. So if you want to give any of the suggestion or any of the ideas than please let me know.

Re: Why Corsair AX850 blown up after sometime

According to my information this thing happens with the PSU, when the connection of the cables or pins was not plugged in correctly to their proper socket. Or this may be due to the monitor and speakers using the same power board. So may be this were the reason for the failure of the Corsair AX850.

So the next time you are connecting the PSU there in the CPU just make this thing to be conform that the entire connection must be proper.

These are the common problems for most of the electronic devices, which it gets blown up due to some of the power failure. May these things happen due to some of the internal wire mismatch or there is the chance of the Circuit failure. So you just make the RMA for this device and get the replacement for this PSU, or you can contact to the service center for this kind of unwanted issue.

May be there are some of the Blown or the faulty capacitors are present there in these PSU, this may e the reason for the internal failure for this PSU. Or you have not connected the thing properly in to their appropriate place, so the next time you just make the proper connection of the cables and also make sure that the power supply will have the earthen facility, to control the over flow of the power used for this Corsair AX850. So you just make the new replacement for this Corsair AX850 since it is new than there are the warranty for this devices are still there, so without opening or doing anything to these Corsair AX850 you just contact the customer service.

According to my information this thing can be replaced because PSU in general is under warranty, so if it fails by some of the internal issue or its fails of its own accord, this device can be replaced.

The thing that I want to suggest is the way for mounting the Power Supply to the computer case. So this PSU is mount at the bottom, there is vent which also has to be fixed with this PSU. Fixed the fan and make the screwing of the power supply to the case, so after that you just start the attaching the power cables there with the Corsair AX850. Make the use of the proper cable for the proper connection of the Devices there with the Corsair AX850. The respective SATA power cable is needed to be used there for the connecting of the hard drives, optical drives, and video card. And before the connection make the verification for the cables also may be some of the cables are not proper and there is the need for the replacement for those cable

There is the need for the other update of the main cable is required may the main power supply cable is not proper, the better is to take the help of some experience person for making the CPU mounts with the proper PSU.

Even this type of the issue even I have also seen while I am mounting the PSU in my system, so after I have make the attempt for the boot of the system my PSU just Blown off. So I just make the verification for this thing so I have seen that one of the coils was burned. So after that I have just made the replacement for the Corsair AX850 and get the 24 pin cable to make the use and the next time when I make the next attempt for the same, its work fine. So finally I want to suggest that may you have done the wrong connection of the wires and the cables, so this time make the correct connection and just try to follow the steps there in the manual guide.

This is due to the overflow of the Voltage level, because whenever this thing happens there are the chances for Blown of the PSU or other parts of the Hardware, so just make the correction of the Main power board so that the flow of the current should be normal. So after that you can install the Corsair AX850 into the system.