Thread: Corsair Graphite 600T Front panel USB and audio jack make restarts computer

Corsair Graphite 600T Front panel USB and audio jack make restarts computer

Hi guys u have this odd issue I don’t know what the heck is wrong my rig configuration is as follows

• Motherboard is of Asus CrossHair IV formula AM3
    • Processor is Phenom II x4 955 C3 BE 4.0ghz
    • RAM is RipJaw 7-7-7-21 1.5v
    • Graphic card Zotac gtx570 940 cores
    • HDD Caviar black 500 GB
    • XFX 850w black edition PSU
    • Sound Card X-FI
    • Monitor Asus ML248H 1920x1080p
    • Operating System windows 7 64 bit

So I have assembled this mod and now it is having some issue that id each time I attempt to plug something into front panel USB or else Audio, my computer just restarts itself, even before the headphone get plugged in, I am mean when you tap it with the 3.5mm jack it immediately shuts it down and restart is there anyone who know anything about this I would like to know thanks

Re: Corsair Graphite 600T Front panel USB and audio jack make restarts computer

Well, simply because I had such a similar issue i am going to throw what worked on behalf of me out though it's probably not the problem. After you build the PC, did you set any insulation material that's paper washers between the case/MB standoffs and therefore the motherboard or between the motherboard and therefore the MB screws ? If yes, that's probably inflicting the matter. If no, then we are able to move on to different potentialities.

This may wrong I’m confused however can you tell me the USB and Audio, correct? i assume if they tousled the total front panel. Also, I simply needed to say the very fact that PSU switch most likely means that one among the over current safeties was tripped, not essentially that the PSU is at fault.

Try reseating all the front panel connectors on your motherboard one at a time and testing them. It's attainable something's return loose at either finish and it's spiking a bit.

With That being said, I've had funny things happen to my USB connectors and Windows has simply said " there was an influence surge on such a port" and nothing's happened.

My roommate has this very same case with the precise same issue. I've done everything you probably did, however I did one-up you. I unplugged everything USB, audio ports, e sata and it STILL restarts after you hit it with one thing metal. i feel its merely a poorly designed case.

We went out and acquired a similar case once more and it's a similar damn issue. i am stumped.

The computer i am having this issue which could be a the bottom case, and it's the primary time I've ever witnessed this downside. the inner elements are all top quality, and i am an extended time veteran of building computer, Servers, network equipment, etc. so was all done right. there have been some of cosmetic problems with the case too, thus it all falls in line. a lot of specifically, i feel the matter is with ground. it's a awfully frustrating issue to trace down though. I sincerely hope that anyone who comes up with a particular resolution posts it here.

I think this may facilitate, just unplug all the headers and recheck with the Asus manual on what gets plugged into what. It may well be a straightforward error, we tend to all do it please post back if it's solved

I have also have experienced similar problems however it wasn’t using Corsair Graphite 600T I raised the humidity within the house and it gave the impression to solve the "static discharge issue". terribly frustrating to seek out issues that do not invariably gift themselves. Would a straightforward vacant copper wire hooked up to the front panel and routed internally to the PS case not function a ground and path of least resistance to resolve this issue? In my scenario, it might seem that the front panel is isolated by plastic components and that the best path for the discharge is thru the MOBO, hence the restart.

I have also have experienced similar problems however it wasn’t using Corsair Graphite 600T I raised the humidity within the house and it gave the impression to solve the "static discharge issue". terribly frustrating to seek out issues that do not invariably gift themselves. Would a straightforward vacant copper wire hooked up to the front panel and routed internally to the PS case not function a ground and path of least resistance to resolve this issue? In my scenario, it might seem that the front panel is isolated by plastic components and that the best path for the discharge is thru the MOBO, hence the restart.

Maybe this can be not restricted to a selected complete. an excessive amount of dry winter static and a skinny "ground" wire from the USB panel to the MB, and you bought hassle. I live essentially zero ohms from my USB connector to case chassis, however apparently that's not enough.