Thread: Noise coming from front Intake of Corsair Obsidian 650D

Noise coming from front Intake of Corsair Obsidian 650D

Hi guys I have no idea what is wrong with this I have build my own today and discovered that Corsair Obsidian 650D make some odd sound like a jet plan on the front that noise is really very irritating, and after I remove the dust filter it goes even more bad is there any way to get rid of this notice I would be really very much curious to know this . I have no complaint with corsair products however the fact that this noise problem cannot be addressed is annoying me and I actually don’t like to the warranty, and cutting off that front mesh that is the making this noise please guess help thanks

Re: Noise coming from front Intake of Corsair Obsidian 650D

The fan buzzing may be a well documented downside; five minutes of Googling would have shown you this. Anyway, you'll be able to order the replacement fan controller from Corsair for gratis, simply place it in yourself.

As for the loud fans? simply set that fan controller you have got designed into the case to line them to low or medium.

I bought a basic fan controller and linked all the fans in my case to it. Makes it alot easier to manage the through-flow of air and noise. Hope this can additionally assist you too please report what you observe

Even I even have same downside I've simply received my Corsair 650D case, and put in my hardware quickly. The issue that surprises me is that the undeniable fact that the highest 20cm fan makes an excessive amount of irritating noise as compared to identical fan within the front panel i attempted to line the speeds of the fans lower by using the fan controller, however even at the bottom setting the fan makes a unpleasant noise. Is there any thanks to fix this?

I am a big supporter of this case however had such issues obtaining my onerous drives into the onerous disk bays. I felt like i used to be concerning the snap them anytime. Also, make certain you get the update to the present case that upgrades the fan controller and mounts the front intake fan on rubber standoffs instead of the initial screws this solves lots of noise issues.

The front fan perhaps a real offender in noise. One thing to try and do with the pitch of the fan blades together with the frontage mesh. Just designed a brand new comp with this case, and exchange the 200mm fans with Cooler Master Mega flows worked I believe with no noise. The The fan modification can come back at a little value though. You have got to give up one drive cage plus move the contradictory to the center position inside the cupboard credit to the added 10mm depth on the megaflows Using choice 200x20mm fans ought to in addition work well

This is my biggest grievance concerning this case since I've set it up! If you are doing an enquiry on YouTube for 650d and noise, there's a video demonstrating this downside. I went back and forth with Corsair on an answer and also the best they might come back up with was to send me another fan. As mentioned, it's to try and do with the mixture of the fan and also the front mesh. i attempted replacing the front fan with the XIGMATEK CLF-F2004 White LED fan, that is additionally 20mm thus it still fits while not drive cage modification. This took some adjustment as a result of the fan screw mounts on the fan face for an exhaust fan, not an intake fan. I ended up using wire ties and attaching it to the front mesh. Not pretty however it still works. sadly, this fan has identical downside with this case however is slightly muted. i feel i am attending to got to go the Cooler Master Megaflow route and move the onerous drive cage as has been counseled by others. this is often a ridiculous style flaw for a case that prices this abundant and looks otherwise well thought out. Corsair must fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by JErastus View Post
    I bought a basic fan controller and linked all the fans in my case to it. Makes it alot easier to manage the through-flow of air and noise. Hope this can additionally assist you too please report what you observe
    I knew what the matter was however once I tried to order the repair kit from Corsair and entered my location as UK nothing happened. My question concerning controlling the loudness was whether or not there was the way to manage the fans whereas I expect the repair kit to show up. Thanks for the input

I don’t know this will help or not but Iv put washers among the fan as well as case and it has get better a little bit however the fan do appear to be spinning very fast even at the lowly setting. Is there a technique to reduce the speed of fan down ?

Hey guys I like to say that I am getting My Akasa fan controller today. I'm going to clip the mesh off as well as replace the top plus back fans. It's a bit absurd that a lot of mods require to be made on this type of high end case only to get a stability of low noise plus cool components. weird how most review statement at how quiet the case fans is .

I own the 650D and also the case isn't noisy i do not assume that I even have the updated fan kit either. No case that moves air goes to be entirely silent. scan the reviews on the Fortress FT02 on the inter web individuals mustn't be misled into thinking that this case is noisy. I mean if you're extremely sensitive concerning noise, flip the fans to low and you'll have hassle hearing the system in any respect.