Thread: Weak power connector of Corsair Hydro Series H100

Weak power connector of Corsair Hydro Series H100

Hi guys I am really annoyed buy this and don’t know what to do now I have Corsair Hydro Series H100 but it is of no use I have checked my computer temperature on Hardware Monitor and see that four cores running at 99 C that really worries me and when I checked it I found out that the Molex on the power cable is weak and keeps on loosing the power and unable to make contact with the power cable from my Corsair PSU and when it powered it dropping the temp downward from 97*c to 25 in a few seconds can anyone here can suggest me what is to be done to solve this problem I would really like to know this .

Re: Weak power connector of Corsair Hydro Series H100

You have to check this as soon as possible because what is happening there is when the H100 stop working the water in the pump gets to boil and this will burst the pump and do something that might damage the rig . clearly the Molex connector on the power cable is not so good

it is silly on me asking this , I mean you must have already done this but worth a question that did you tried to use the another Molex connection from the PSU and how did that goes .It MIGHT BE the current Molex connection from the PSU might be damaged or faulty so I suggest examine the Molex connectors or try a another connector. The pins in the Molex connectors might fall out of their connectors that perhaps not giving power to the H100. kindly report back what have you actually get if you did this

Cheers

Only recently bought H100 , therefore I try check via a spare Molex plug on the PSU. Plugged it in and one among the pins popped out from the Molex connected to the H100. Pins within the plug are real loose and therefore the barbs weren't even bent out to lock the pin in place on one among the wires at least the H100 works once "I" repaired the barbs and hot glued the wires in place through the rear of the Molex.

I think typically the male ones, slip out of position as a result of their easy style. that style is common to any or all the molex sort pins, however some appear a lot of liable to moving in a number of the plastic housings than others. you'll typically see a foul power when one among the wires at the doorway of the plastic housing is buckled in relation to the others. That indicates the male pin has not entered the gap within the feminine connector, and has been pushed out of it's mounting therefore To avoid any issues, initial verify that the pins have engaged properly. If for a few reason there's stress on the cables, use a zipper tie to bind the 2 connectors along.

Thanks for the reply however i attempted completely different Molex connectors and that i get a similar issue, the pins within the H100 Molex connector simply come out essentially. Guess this can be a foul style of a Molex connector? I created certain they're totally inserted but when twist the connector round the H100 resets or stops operating, that means the power gets interrupted.

Even I had the similar i powered down and pulled the plug, drained any residual power. i used a flat head jeweler's screwdriver to push the pin from the rear whereas its plugged in. it went in to the hole nice and solid. I actually have had zero issues since. come back to think about it, that's the sole downside thus far with the H100

I additionally thought to try to to a similar factor i used to be already pondering it, however don't desire to void any warranty by doing this and hopefully i won’t have any power outages however tweaked it and shoved it in and it looks to figure fine. The H100 doesn't reboot when the connector is touched