Thread: Corsair Hydro H60 fan on radiator making much noise and running on max RPM

Corsair Hydro H60 fan on radiator making much noise and running on max RPM

Hi guys first of all specs of my pc
    1. ASUS P6T SE Motherboard
    2. Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz
    3. Kingston 12GB 1333MHZ DDR3 RAM
    4. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 TI 448 Core Video Card with dual fans
    5. WD Caviar Green 1tb HDD
    6. SEASONIC 750W POWER SUPPLY

Now the problem is recently I have bought the Hydro Series H60 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler for my pc in anticipation that it will reduce the noice that coming out of pc but the fan that is placed on the radiator is running at max rpm every time plus the noise level is in fact bad than the stock cooler on the i7 920. I have no idea why it is happening so now the fact is cup is attached to CPU_FAN, and the fan behind the radiator is attached to a normal fan output on the motherboard.

Its shows on the CPU temp 38 to 40 Celsius when it is idle and 50-60 while gaming Bf3 high resolution is there anyone who can help me to fix this problem I would really like to know this

Thanks in advance

Re: Corsair Hydro H60 fan on radiator making much noise and running on max RPM

What I am thinking is that if the fan on the rad is attached to a normal Motherboard fan header you must be able to throttle it back to the BIOS or else on the other fan controller software. Maybe you can just change the fan with the one which is a quieter one. You also have the alternative to present an RMA to support and you can ask for a alternate fan.

Thank for the reply yeah I know that but shouldn't the motherboard regulate the fan itself? This is really annoying me now and I am actually irritated please guy I really need your help on this

Hey did you have it place to suck air as of outside the case also have you make sure the CPU is cold plate is having the complete contact with the CPU? This is really necessary please check this and report me back the finding

Hi guys I have an update on my issue and the place where I have bought the PSU from says that it perhaps somewhat wrong with it, as it gets extremely hot at the same time as gaming. For the reason of the PSU, the elements surrounding it also get hot and by the way My CPU temperature is at 70C when playing the BF3 game .

Look like you have 2 things connected nearly right. The H60's fan, a four pin PWM controlled model, should be connected to the four pin CPU Fan connector on the mother board. That fan connector can vary the fans speed relying upon the CPU's temperature. you need to conjointly choose a CPU fan speed profile within the fan management software provided along with your mother board. Those setting will typically be selected within the BIOS moreover. Next, the 3 pin fan connector from the H60's pump ought to be connected to a 3 pin fan header on your mother board. If one amongst those headers is known as POWER and PWR Fan, that's the one to use, because it can offer full power to the pump in any respect times, that is how the pump should be powered. Finally, check the mounting of your H60's pump, some boards have elements terribly near the CPU, and also the pumps case may bit them and cause the copper plate on the pump to possess a poor reference to the CPU. that might cause poor cooling.

No this is not helping at all I am still facing the same problem it is actually making the too much noise, in excess of the stock i7 920 cooler don’t know how can I get rid of this problem I am not sure at all please find me the solution to this

Do you able to tell me that What did you are doing to configure the CPU fan speed, BIOS settings or Fan professional, that I assume is on the market for your ASUS board. Fan professional has many profiles for changing the fan speed looking on temperature and the way quiet you need the CPU cooler to be. It looks like the H60's fan is running at a high speed all the time, that isn't necessary. I take advantage of H60's, and when set properly they're quiet at idle and low hundreds. what's the CPU Fan speed once you are in Windows. Otherwise, what are you using to configure the CPU fan's speed

Thanks for the reply I actually have tried using speed fan, however it does not tell me the fan speeds. Nor do the fans come into view. So is there anything that can do this I would like to know about this it will be nice

I was also having the same problem and the solution to this is really simple all you have to do is get the SUS Fan Xpert I think it is free and you can Google it to download , what it does is it calibrated the fan and the fan get just adjusted itself mine problem has been solve by this yours can also get solve by this technique hopes this works for you