Thread: Enabling Intel VT on Sony VAIO SZ with AMI Aptio BIOS

Enabling Intel VT on Sony VAIO SZ with AMI Aptio BIOS

I have bought a new SONY VAIO SZ laptop last month and now i want to get the Intel Virtualization Technology on your laptop system. This is the best technology that will be work well with the best configurations. AMI Aptio BIOS presents on this laptop system. Now i need some techniques that works to enable this technology. Can anyone help me to perform this enabling task on it? Thanks in advance.

Re: Enabling Intel VT on Sony VAIO SZ with AMI Aptio BIOS

For doing this enabling Intel VT technology task on your laptop, you need to apply below mentioned instructions on it:
    First enter into the BIOS of your laptop system.
    • Go to CPU configurations->Chipset-> North Bridge-> Tylersburg IOH Configuration.
    • It shows you the Intel VT for Directed I/O Configuration option.
    • You need to select it and press enter.
    • Finally Enable Intel(R) VT-d option on your CMOS setting of the BIOS.
    • Save and reboot your laptop system.
    • That's it.

This process works to do this enabling the Intel VT technology on your laptop system. This is well for you to fix your complex issue.

Intel G31PR mainboard manual says that there is an option to enable/disable VT Technology in BIOS under Security menu. You can use it and check its details about your manual. I use similar manual and it will be work to fix my complex problem. Hence you need to check this option on either security menu or in the chip-set menu. This is best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadou View Post
    Intel G31PR mainboard manual says that there is an option to enable/disable VT Technology in BIOS under Security menu. You can use it and check its details about your manual. I use similar manual and it will be work to fix my complex problem. Hence you need to check this option on either security menu or in the chip-set menu. This is best for you.
    I assume that Northbridge chipset is a prerequisite for this feature. Hence i would be think that this option presents on the chipset menu. i don't think that the Security menu will be work to fix your complex issue. Try this and check it on your manual. Thsi is will be work to fix your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabert View Post
    I assume that Northbridge chipset is a prerequisite for this feature. Hence i would be think that this option presents on the chipset menu. i don't think that the Security menu will be work to fix your complex issue. Try this and check it on your manual. Thsi is will be work to fix your problem.
    Sony release any BIOS upgrades to enable VT on the SR models. Hence if you use similar type of SR model based Sony laptop, then you need to first perform this bios upgrade. then only this will be work to fix your enabling the Intel VT technology. This is well for you.

Yes, there is no need to restore the original BIOS, just perform the BIOS version update task on your laptop system. This is well for you to perform this enabling the Intel VT technology on it. Try this and check what happen. If your laptop default BIOS doesn't show such option, try to update your system BIOS. This is well for you to get this technology on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannai7 View Post
    Yes, there is no need to restore the original BIOS, just perform the BIOS version update task on your laptop system. This is well for you to perform this enabling the Intel VT technology on it. Try this and check what happen. If your laptop default BIOS doesn't show such option, try to update your system BIOS. This is well for you to get this technology on it.
    You could upgrade if you want, but the bios is one of those things that hold this options only when the BIOS is in advanced versions. You need to definately perform this bios upgrade task on your system. This is helpful to you for enabling the Intel VT technology on it. Increasing manageability, security, and flexibility in IT environments, virtualization technologies can be possible with the help of enabling this technology.

If you are not running guest OS with admin OS then enabling virtualization in your bios is a BAD idea. Hence i you need to check its details on the Guest OS. I am sure that you receive some advanced setting on your system after doing this enabling task. Its really helpful for secirity purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikaGeek View Post
    If you are not running guest OS with admin OS then enabling virtualization in your bios is a BAD idea. Hence i you need to check its details on the Guest OS. I am sure that you receive some advanced setting on your system after doing this enabling task. Its really helpful for security purpose.
    Sony has announced that they will enable VT on select VAIO notebook models. This is really amazing that the we can get such options enabled on the existing laptop system. if you looking for any sony laptop, try to check such options at the time of buying laptop. It works to help for fixing the technology problem.

Quote Originally Posted by fflygirl View Post
    Sony has announced that they will enable VT on select VAIO notebook models. This is really amazing that the we can get such options enabled on the existing laptop system. if you looking for any sony laptop, try to check such options at the time of buying laptop. It works to help for fixing the technology problem.
    It lets you run software like VMWare on your system. This VMWare software works to do this enabling the Intel VT technology during run the administrator OS. this is possible only with some restrictions. Its virtualization platform products include Player that enables individuals to run virtual machines. It will be letting you run another operating system in your operating system.

You can run virtualization without VT with Vmware, VirtualBox etc. VirtualBox is also one of the similar kind of technology that works well on your system to fix this complex issue. Try this and check that the software works for this enabling the Intel VT technology on it. You can also read the manual as well as official site of the laptop.