Thread: Corsair A70 vs. Corsair A50

Corsair A70 vs. Corsair A50

I have recently switched to the sandy bridge and now I am buying the rest of the parts. There was no problem while getting any of the parts but when it comes to CPU cooler then I get stuck with Corsair A50 is 19.99 and A70 is 27.99. Now I am not able to decide that which one will be better for me and that is the reason that I am posting this over here so that I can have some replies from you people. If you have any suggestion for me then please post that over here. I will be thankful for all the replies for this.

Re: Corsair A70 vs. Corsair A50

My suggestion to you is to go for the A70 as I think that A70 is better as compared to the A50 is we compared cooling of both. It is having additional heat pipes and also the push/pull setup. this will really be a happy choice.

The high performance cooling solutions are a matter of great importance that meet the increasingly pro-market. This type of heat sinks are addressed mainly to a consumer demanding needs of the system more efficient and quieter cooling for your PC. So my choice is also Corsair A70. There is no other option. The Corsair brand is synonymous of quality, one of the few companies in the world able to provide unique solutions with a large catalog of products, ranging from such memories, SSD, power supplies, cabinets and cooling systems for high performance.

The A70 and A50 models differ only in size and number of cooling elements used and can be used on almost all of the mainboard, just in case and compatibility updates, please consult the website of the manufacturer. With cooling systems A70 and A50 Series, Corsair respond to market demands by offering a range of products for Air Cooling of high quality which are simple and convenient to install.

Corsair again bring a air cooling solution to the classic style. After analyzing experiments as the Hydro H50 , I have ended equally valuing the classical solutions by air to air-water hybrid. Systems combined with water cooling fans are fine, but we often see that the final yield is similar to high-end coolers. See if the Corsair A70 meets expectations.

I would like to give you some information about thr accessories that you will get along with this. These are the things that you will find typically in these cases: parts for sockets (one for Intel, AMD and others for other generic), guide assembly, Corsair solutions manual, and warranty. Besides this, the bags are a small tube of thermal paste, screws, rubber parts, two resistors, a cable in a "Y" to connect 2 fans to one shot, and finally, in the box are two 12 cm fans installed in their harnesses and plastic.

Corsair, best known for his memory, has established itself quickly in new areas, such as enclosures, power supplies or cooling systems all-in-one with water. The brand now tackles another market, that of the CPU cooler, with the A50 and A70. Best recommendation will now be the A70 with its two 120 mm fans. This is really effective over the system. I am using the same with my computer and that is running without any problem. I play high end games on my computer for many hours but it do not let my computer to heat. This is surely better as compared to the A50.

Corsair has introduced two high-performance heat sinks, A70 and A50, that extend the series Corsair Cooling. Both products are designed for enthusiasts and overclockers, but also for those who just want a silent system. The two sinks are a viable alternative to the standard Intel and AMD. The Air Series A70, in particular, "the CPU operating temperatures considerably lower than other competing products, offering a quieter PC, equipped with superior cooling and better reliability and flexibility of overclocking".

Here are the Features Corsair a70 and I hope that this will help you to decide from both:
    • rotation per minute 1600/2000 RPM
    • Noise 26/31.5 dB
    • Airflow 50.35 - 61.2 CFM
    • Model cooler
    • Target PROCESSOR
    • Compatibility Intel LGA775/LGA1156/LGA1
    • Supported processor sockets MULTIPLE
    • Fan dimensions 120 mm
    • Heatsink Dimensions 159.5 x 124.6 x 129 mm