Thread: IS Sound card worthier than onBoard sound

IS Sound card worthier than onBoard sound

HEy all, i am having 650w Denon 5.1 Surround Sound system with Powered 8" Sub. with my system i am having HDMI out from my Biostar board and with that i used 90% for Movies and 10% for Gaming, i came here to know that if a Dedicated sound card would improve anything? Or is it not worth wasting the money? i am asking this all things because i have never tried with using anything but onboard sound. please reply me back about this. and also reply me back if anyone also getting the same problem.

Re: IS Sound card worthier than onBoard sound

OK, if you are thinking for doign this things for the gaming and Blu-ray, then at that time Sound card worthier than onBoard sound. and for doing that things i will suggest you to try with the ASUS's Xonar line of products. with the help of this, you can also give the it a try for around $30 with the DG model, and after trying with this if you like this then at that time you can always upgrade to the more expensive cards.

HEy dude, in this case i will say that if you are having decent onboard chip and cheap speakers then at that time Sound card will not worth then the onboard card. and also here i would like to say that the Onboard audio is pretty good these days, and if you are having anythings good then at that time you have anything but the cheap mobo's no doubt. but still in this case, i will not go for buy the cheaper mobo's so i dunno how good or bad their onboards are, this is because i am thinking here that they would use older realtek or one of their lower tier models. and also in your case, if you are thinking for the quality sounde then at that time you will need some decent cans or speakers. try with this and hope that this will help you for your problem.

thanks for telling me about this all thinsg. but still i am getting confused about this quwestion. for making sure about this, now i am thinking for doing some research on this topi8c. and also let me tell you here that my motherboard has a VIA VT1708B chip on it. and before this also i have noticed that my last board was an Asus Crosshair IV and I don't really notice a difference, hope that i will get some different with this board.

for doing the same things i am using plus tax Sound System which i have bought from Best Buy. but here i am not sure if this is considered cheap becuse i am not audiophile. and here i can surely say that its way more sound then I need, try with this, and i am sure that you also will be very happy with this.

OK, if you are thinking for leaving your computer digitally to the denon then at that time no new card won't really improve on the sound quality. and also for you i will suggest to dont try for that.

yes, the same thing i was also thinking for doing. i have also read the same post on the so many of the ot her forums when i was trying to get the suggestion from there, but still i can say that there are something conflicting things. and let me tel you all here that i am hooked up by HDMI out. please help me here.

Here, i will say that Onboard sound has gotten better over the years, but still if you are an audiophile with higher end equipment then at that time onboard will not beat this. onboard will work better Unless you plan to output digital but stil if you are tryign with this all then at that time also that's a bad move unless you have a really high end receiver or an external DAC. and also for getting the best sound quality, you will need to output ANALOG from a high quality sound card, like an HT OMEGA card. i have also seen that there are some people who have also replace the opamps on the sound card this helps to make it sound even better. i am telling this all things because i had also avoid Creative X-Fi cards, but stil i am not getting there that why this cards are so much popular. and for you i will say that going with any other card than an HT OMEGA is a huge mistake right now. reply me back about the results for doing this all things.

for your case, i will say here that system is better than the any sound card would do for your requirements, i am sure about this things and also here let me tell you that this sounds pretty sweet cranked up with BF3. yes, i know here that you are might be interested in doing Something. le tme also tell here that i am having Clark Synthesis Tactile transducer and this does is really let you feel the low frequencies, if you are thinking for good sound card then you can also try with this and i am sure here tht you will be happy wiht this. i really like this one and hope that you will also like this one.

Hey all, thanks for telling me this about IS Sound card worthier than onBoard sound?? now i get some idea about this. while trying with this all if i get any problem then at that time i wil reply here for more help.

i was trying to get the suggestion from there, but still i can say that there are something conflicting things. and let me tel you all here that i am hooked up by HDMI out. please help me here.