Thread: 476 reallocated sectors in Seagate Momentus XT ST95005620AS

476 reallocated sectors in Seagate Momentus XT ST95005620AS

Hey all, i am having Seagate Momentus XT ST95005620AS and with this, i am really very unhappy. this is because i am having the annoying freezes every minute. for resolving this i have also tried with the so many of the suggestion but still i am having these annoying freezes every minute. what can i do for resolving this problem?? please reply me back for that. let me tell you here that i am currently running the SD28 firmware. for resolving this, i have also tried with the both short and the long tests and there i get that both pass without problems. and also wiht that i am getting that when i am trying to open the smart data at that time the drive temperature is about 35 to 40 degrees C and also at the same time i am getting that the number of reallocated sectors is 476. can here anyone tell me that is this is normal???

Re: 476 reallocated sectors in Seagate Momentus XT ST95005620AS

Ok, if you are getting that type of the problem then can you tell me back that have you make a chkdsk /r before upgrading to SD28 ??? and if yes, then now are you getting some problem wiht that??? i mean to say that are yo8u gettign some errors related with that?? is yes, then for resolving the problem, you will need to cotact with the seagate support.

Hey today when i check for that, at that time i get that it is 549 sectors right now, and also when i try wiht the both the test at that time i get that this pass, what does it means??? Seagate won't accept the return??? please reply me for this also.

for resolving this type of the problem, i will suggets you to try with the do a chkshk /r and reboot to repair your disk. after doing this if you are gettign the same problem again then at that time really you will need to contact with the seagate support. i am telling you this all things because i was also having this type of the problem and for resolving this i tried with the do a chkshk /r and reboot to repair disk after doing this i get that i get resolve the problem. try with this, i am sure that this will work in your case also.

let me tell you here that i am not using the Windows and for that i am not able to running chkdsk /r anytime soon. and today also i tried with the running the long test and it still reports no errors, and now i am thinking that this drive does not qualify for RMA. now i am thinking that i need to logging bad sector count.

in your case, your problem seems that there is something to be broken, i am not sure that this will be related with the disk or not. and let me tell you here that the cached reads mainly are an indicator for memory bandwidth. i am telling you this things because in my system i am getting here that the cached reads a value of about 1150 MB/sec. for making sure about this i have also tried with the test the drive itself or I test an USB 2.0 memory stick. and after doing this all, now i am thinking that this is totally rekated with the driver. this realy seems that drive is slowly failing. for resolving this type of the problem i will suggest you to try with the removing the drive and put it in some non-essential PC and see if there also you get the same problem, then the problem with the drive only and if not then the problem be related with your system. and also for you, i would like to say that the seagate is not having any protocol for a drive that clearly will fail soon

hey all, thanks for suggesting me about this all, i tried with the suggestion which you all have suggsted to me here but still i get that this is not helping me. anyone else that will help me in this case?? please help me for this.

Yes, i am also facing the same problem and for resolving this , i tried with the above suggestion, and there i get that this is not working for me also. what to do now??