Thread: Firmware CC49 for seagate barracuda 7200.12

Firmware CC49 for seagate barracuda 7200.12

Can here anyone tell me that what is change log for seagate Barracuda 7200.12 firmware CC49??? if yes then for that please reply me back. recently, i have Upgraded drive ST3500418AS from CC46 to the new CC49 acess time increased from 14.1 to 15.9 ms. After this i am having the question about this as::
    • Is necessary upgrade to CC49 from CC46 or older in terms of reliability and durability and life of disk?

please reply me back for this.

Re: Firmware CC49 for seagate barracuda 7200.12

Yes dude, i am also having the same model number: ST3500418AS, and here i am really wondering whether to upgrade to CC49. in my case, the current one is CC37 and also let me tel you here that i have never tried with changing this. after reading your post here, now i am thinking that this is better for stay on my stock firmware. and yes, here i am also looking for changing the change log too. please reply me back if you get any information about this. and also thanks for telling me about this all things.

hey dude, here let me tell you all that i have also tried with the flashing the several of the hard drivers CC49 from CC37, CC37, and CC46 without a problem. and also here i would like to say that after doing this i get that everything from 160GB to 1TB and refurbished drives without a single drive becoming a paper weight. so for you also i will sure that you can also try with the same things and i am sure that with that you will not get the problem.

if you are are thinking for getting the reason for the reason for hard drive is running slow then for that i will say here that cold temperatures may cause the drive to be very slow to become ready or to exhibit slow performance. and i am sure about this. and also you can download that firmware from here:::

SATA Hard Disk Drive Firmware Update

Hey thanks for telling me about the link. but still here i am thinking that what are fixing the releases after CC35 on??? can you please tell me about this?? i am asking this things because this looks like me that there are bunches of those .12 drives bricked like .11. and thanks for your suggestion.

friends let me tell you here that i am having the lot of the drivers and also there drivers are with teh reallocated sectors, SMART errors READ FPDMA QUEUED and very large command timeout's. wiht this i am using CC46 and CC49 firmwares. but with this all, i am not getting any this type of the error which you are saying here. this year i get that a brand new ST31000524AS JC45 died after 108 power on hours with SMART error READ FPDMA QUEUED.

OK, for that can you please reply me back that what condition's are you running them under?? reply me back about this and after that i will try to help you in your case. And also tell me here back that are they in well vented cases or are they in a standard grey box case with one exhaust fan??? reply me back for the getting help from me.

Dude, i have just updated ST31000528AS to CC49. and after that i am getting that the drive is developed a repetitive clicking sound about once every second . and also, after this update i am now getting that the Transfer times dropped way down to around 40 min for 4 GB of data. and if i am trying with the SeaTools Short DST at that time i am getting that the SeaTools Short DST fails. Now, i am thinking that the firmware update seems to have fixed it. i start getting this problem after the replacing my primary hard drive, and also with that hard drive i was using the firmware-updated 7200.11, this is the main reasons that i am getting that all problem with that all. when i get this problem with the hard drive at that time i get that store was able to replace and clone that one under warranty, and they also told me back that this is the firmware issue. and now i am having 3 Seagate drives with the same issue and now after the latest update also i am getting that problem exist in my case. for you also, i will say that if you are thinking that the update will resolve the problem then i think that this is not possible. but for making sure about this you can also try with this.

HEy thanks for telling me about that. i tried with that but still i am getting that this is not working for me. what can i do now?? please reply me back for the more suggestion in this case.