Thread: Wi-Fi cards any suggestion for dell xps 15 L502x would be using the same for gaming.

Wi-Fi cards any suggestion for dell xps 15 L502x would be using the same for gaming.

I was looking out for some good network card for my laptop a third party one as the card that I have in it is not giving me the speed and stability I was from it. Most of the time I use this laptop for gaming and all so you know for me performance is the priority.

Re: Wi-Fi cards any suggestion for dell xps 15 L502x would be using the same for gaming.

What is the main problem that you are facing and what is such a game that you are not able to play in the stock network card that that you have got. Most of the time no one thinks of upgrading the network card but can you give me some details as in why you want to do it so that I can suggest you a better network card.

Re: Wi-Fi cards any suggestion for dell xps 15 L502x would be using the same for gaming.

The major problem is its not only me who connects there are few of my friends who do come to my place and then we connect and play so as there are 5-6 laptops that always connects to my internet router so eventually I most of the time feel a problem in playing so thought of changing the card.

Will you please tell me? What router are you been using because it is not necessary that it is a problem of network card only it could also be because of the router as the resources of the router if it comes to an end it will also create a problem.

Yes even I was facing a similar problem when I used to transfer files. If only one transfer is going on no problem but if I start playing games with it nor the game used to work properly nor the files were been transferred properly so I had to buy a new high speed router actually the bandwidth it had was only 54mbps and my network card could support upto 150mbps so I brought a router supporting speed up to 300mbps and now things are working well.

I get sufficient speed everywhere and can also play game without any problem.

I have a router given by the ISP I don’t know what speed it supports so what you want me to do. Do I need to call the isp and ask them to replace the same or is there some extension that I can attach to increase the speed just like the way we do add ram to increase the computers capacity.

I will suggest you to call up your isp as its been given to you by them and its better you don’t do anything or else you might end up messing with it and get yourself into a bigger problem .

Call your ISP they will help you out for the same.

I don’t feel ISP guys will help you out because the router they give is for sharing internet not for sharing data between your pc’s so they will make sure that whatever speed that they are offering you are able to get that that’s it if you cannot get that only them they will do something to change it which I don’t think is a issue.

If it’s just about gaming just get a new router and use it as a secondary router for gamin and data transfer stuff. Found the one at the netgear was seriously good doesn’t offers more speed nothing above 300 mbps but the stability is just too good.

I will suggest you to buy both as both will be of the same manufacturer so will give you better support also now if you buy a 300 mbps router and your network car remains the same it will again create a problem you won’t get the best possible speed so but both no matter which one you buy as every manufacturer who manufactures routers also do manufacture network cards. Some guys who do it are (Netgear , dlink, belkin)