Thread: Seagate Momentus XT hard drive giving smart error End to End error detection = 1

Seagate Momentus XT hard drive giving smart error End to End error detection = 1

I brought this new Seagate hard drive from a store everything was working good until once day it started giving me this error during start up end to end error detection=1. Now I m too frustrated because its irritating me now every time it start my pc I get this error and don’t have a solution to end it. Please help if someone knows the solution.

Re: Seagate Momentus XT hard drive giving smart error End to End error detection = 1

This is because of you might have update its firmware form windows. As they are S.S.D, definitely firmware upgrade is required as the technology is new so they do release updates but it completely depends. Might be the windows updater has a problem. Try doing it once again.

Re: Seagate Momentus XT hard drive giving smart error End to End error detection = 1

Even I had the same problem but I got this problem after a very long time few days back when I called up Seagate they asked me to check the drive with sea tools, I downloaded that also checked with it but didn’t get any problem it says that the hard drive is completely perfect.

I thought it’s the same problem I m getting everyday but yesterday I noticed that may be the problem is increasing because that number 1 in end to end detection has gone to 10 and I am not able to find the solution anywhere.

Guys the only final solution what I could give you all is that please visit the service center and ask the person over there to flash it again for you in a proper manager because for sure this is the problem of the firmware that you recently updated.