Thread: Is Seagate Momentus XT 500GB ok for windows 7 64 bit

Is Seagate Momentus XT 500GB ok for windows 7 64 bit

Hey friends I am willing to buy Seagate Momentus XT 500GB but then I have heard that there is some kind of problem with it for mac. So I just wanted to know that is it also having any kind of problem with the windows 7 64 bit or it works fine with it. Is there anyone who is using Seagate Momentus XT 500GB for windows 7 and can share his experience here? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Is Seagate Momentus XT 500GB ok for windows 7 64 bit

I will like to share that I have been using Win 7 64 from a long time and I have started using Seagate Momentus XT 500GB and I have not faced any problem with the same and I will like to inform you that the most of the problem that I have seen with it is related to its cable and fitting, may be that there will be some kind of issue with the quality or so. I don’t think that I have came across any kind of incompatibility problem and all with Win 7 64 by now. If you will ask me then I will say that just go for it without any doubts.

Yes I wanted to share the same, I am two laptops one is dell and the other is Lenovo and both are having Seagate Momentus XT 500GB and I am running Win 7 64 as well and I have been using it since a year and I have not faced any problem with it as well. I had faced some problem sometimes but then I am not that sure that the cause of it was due to Seagate Momentus XT 500GB and at that time a firmware update has solved the issue without fail.

Hey friends I am willing to buy Seagate Momentus XT 500GB but then I have heard that there is some kind of problem with it for mac. So I just wanted to know that is it also having any kind of problem with the windows 7 64 bit or it works fine with it. Is there anyone who is using Seagate Momentus XT 500GB for windows 7 and can share his experience here? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.
    I don’t think that the there were some problem with Seagate Momentus XT 500GB while using it with mac as well because I am using the same on my mac and I have not yet faced any problem by now. I think that you can use it for both without any problem. I think that there are a lot of other mac users as well who are quite happy with Momentus XT.

I will like to share my experience that I have faced, I had bought a 500GB XT a month ago and it came with SD25 firmware installed and after that I started facing problem while trying to install Windows 7 x64. I had tried for almost 5 hours but then I had several issues with it and lastly I again switched back to the old drive that I had. Later I updated the firmware to SD28 and then the problem was solved, and I had tried using the same new drive with Windows 7 installed and it was working great. So I think that updating the firmware will solve the problem out, if at all if you face the same. There are possibilities that you won’t face such issues but you face any then you know now what you have to try out first.