Thread: GIGABYTE Z68XP-UD4pc showing memory slots full in windows

GIGABYTE Z68XP-UD4pc showing memory slots full in windows

My rig
    • Z68XP-UD4
    • Intell I5 2500K,
    • Patriot Signature 4 gig sticks PSD38G1600KH.

Every thing was operating simply fine with a pair of sticks of memory each of the 8 GB but with all 4 slots full sixteen gigs, i get numerous memory issues in Windows 7 x64 eventually resulting in corrupt files. Memory set in bios to Auto, running at spec voltage 1.5, I ran Memtest with all 4 sticks put in and tested fine after five hours and Windows runs fine with either try put in. additionally tried setting memory to spec timings 9-9-9-24 Do i would like to manually set the memory to slower timings if therefore what settings?

Re: GIGABYTE Z68XP-UD4pc showing memory slots full in windows

I think you wish to take a look at the memory individually in slot one 10 passes each with Memtest this is often the industry recognized normal to establish a module (or set) of memory is really trouble free. the explanation it's done this manner is ....although onerous to elucidate, or maybe perceive for that matter, ...memory tested concurrently can offer false POSITIVE readings though there's faulty modules present certain it's seems faster however a total waste of time and electricity. three times out of 5 memory is behind actual hardware issues if not a minimum of you'll emphatically rule out the memory within the fault finding.

In the end the Patriot memory just isn't compatible with UD4 and I5 at least with 4 sticks, two sticks 8gb works fine but 16gb just ain't stable. i attempted everything more volts both cpu and memory, 1333 rather than 1600 lower timings with more volts. Got close but couldn't get stable. Took memory back and got Corsair Vengeance 1600 4 sticks of 4gb and was stable at 1600 right out of the box.

Somewhat that manner and that i perpetually wish to check first to create certain that the memory is compatible. The Corsair Vengeance is great memory for the worth though. I just bought 16GB for £93.00, wonderful value for smart RAM.

I had the issues using 4 sticks of PSC, BDBG, and Hyper. This issue does not appear to be Gigabyte specific either. When all 4 slots are occupied on any Giga or Asus board I actually have, i buy a reboot loop or large instability.

Don’t worry do this The reference and control voltages are set by a ratio of 1/2 the DIMM voltage. to get all 4 operating, the ratio is not optimal and desires to be set to .49. So, on Gigabyte, (using the Z68XP-UD4) I set volgate to one.72 dimm, 0.850 for the 4 reference voltages that are the last 4 that say .750 next to them. this resolved my instability and boot issue. now if you want to use one.65v or whatever voltage you want, follow the one.72v directions then modify the dram voltage. The bios retains the ratio you set therefore its all smart from there. Hope this helps you, it definitely helped me (and i didnt get any help from anybody to return to the current resolution therefore it took like two weeks to work it out)

That should fairly customary fix for filling all the memory banks at once and its noit typically that you just will flee without it. What you want to do though is to create certain that your QPI/Vtt is not any more than 0.5v less than the DRAM voltage otherwise you can probably damage the memory controller and now that is on the CPU that is a new processor if that happens.