Thread: How to boot Windows 7 on a RAID10 of 4x2TB HDD Samsung with GPT partition.

How to boot Windows 7 on a RAID10 of 4x2TB HDD Samsung with GPT partition.

Hi guys I really want know this actually, I am planning to install windows 7 64bit with DVDROM on the Intel RST with the RAID10 that contain the 4 2 TB HDD of Samsung so that the 4 TB can be usable along with the GPT partition. No w I have no idea how to do this so is there any one who can help me to figure this out any engineer that explain me the step by step process of doing this I would be really appreciation this

About my rig

I have 4xHDD on SATA 3 GB/s ports n however not on 6Gb/s and the Bios F6B with the last authorized Intel RAID OROM: 10.6.0.1091 by the way I have make use of a few other board by UEFI, so I familiar with it works thanks

re: How to boot Windows 7 on a RAID10 of 4x2TB HDD Samsung with GPT partition.

Here is my suggestion for you before you go any further
    • The option For your CDROM/DVDROM just make use of the SATA of Intel Chipset (1-6)
    • place EFI in BIOS
    • make use of previous Bios that is F6 for GA-P67A-UD7-B3
    • SATA have to be RAID(XHD) or AHCI

Re: How to boot Windows 7 on a RAID10 of 4x2TB HDD Samsung with GPT partition.

Like above I have a question I actually have an problem to get information on whether Hybrid EFI actually boot GUID Partition Table disks? as well, if so, is there a suggested is it how to install Win 7 64-bit such that'll blissfully install the of the boot drive GPT? I suppose it will need oscdimg.exe, as there looks to be no hint of the EFI Shell as being one in every of the items that Gigabyte selected to graft onto their BIOS. Apart from that I’m excited they did not jump into EFI entire hog like everybody else. I actually have an Adaptec dedicated RAID card that the new EFI presently does not play good with. I would be really appreciation this if you help me solve this

Hey guys thanks for the reply Any news regarding this as this is really frustrating as I am unable to install Windows seven on GPT with EFI allow in Bios and still make use of Bios F6.

I am not sure of the advantages however I simply installed the OS and presently the machine is in Memtest 86+ v. 4.2 mode. i'll check the EFI edges within the morning it look as if it o come back up in Windows 7 if i'm reading the message within the BIOS properly. Have you any suggestions as to what I ought to look for? I do see a Menu Level within the Item facilitate area of the BIOS Also, have you ever any suggestions for me to undertake for overclocking [which BIOS settings ought to I change Please offer me some multiplier suggestions ? and will I make any try on altering any of the opposite settings like as XMP please suggest me something

Quote Originally Posted by Damodarand View Post
    Like above I have a question I actually have an problem to get information on whether Hybrid EFI actually boot GUID Partition Table disks? as well, if so, is there a suggested is it how to install Win 7 64-bit such that'll blissfully install the of the boot drive GPT? I suppose it will need oscdimg.exe, as there looks to be no hint of the EFI Shell as being one in every of the items that Gigabyte selected to graft onto their BIOS. Apart from that I’m excited they did not jump into EFI entire hog like everybody else. I actually have an Adaptec dedicated RAID card that the new EFI presently does not play good with. I would be really appreciation this if you help me solve this
    I think that it is possible the Gigabyte Hybrid BIOS/EFI will boot on the 2+ TB disk with a GPT format. There’s a lot of data here if you would like to ascertain it out just Google it will definitely get the answer

It supports booting from two.2TB+ HDDs. GIGABYTE mentions 3TB+ as a result of ensuing size up from a 2TB HDD is actually 3TB, not 2.2TB. GIGABYTE Hybrid EFI Technology provides headroom for a maximum disk and partition size of 9.4ZB It uses a reliable, tried and tested GIGABYTE Award BIOS that has been updated and improved over many years. Your BIOS is compatible with thousands of ICs, elements and 3rd party merchandise – a new BIOS needs a lot of compatibility testing before it's as mature as our Award BIOS. thus basically we've got the best of both Worlds with our Hybrid EFI Technology: stability of a mature BIOS and therefore thetwo.2TB+ support of an EFI BIOS. owing to its design, it's easier to be backwards compatible with older motherboard models –X58 chipset right down to new G41 chipset models are going to be ready to get pleasure from Hybrid EFI Technology. thus we have a tendency to are protecting our customers shopping for call and helping to future proof their purchase. No other EFI solution offers this!

GIGABYTE Hybrid EFI Technology is absolutely yielding with together EFI aware and non EFI aware operating systems.