Thread: Terrible battery life with Momentus XT SD25

Terrible battery life with Momentus XT SD25

Actually I have bought the Momentus XT SD25 but using this what I found out is that the installing the SD23 firmware the battery life dropped from 6.5 hr to 5.5 hr and after which I tried installing the SD24 firmware and I found out that the battery life still dropped from the 5.5 hr to 4.5 hr. so I would like to know what is your opinion regarding the battery life for the Momentus XT SD25.

Re: Terrible battery life with Momentus XT SD25

Yeh .. I have the same problem regarding this. I bought the hard drive and I found that the upgrading the firmware to the SD24 utilises more battery life. And as went on upgrading the firmware I saw the battery life went on decreasing and I think the Momentus XT SD25 does not stand up as expected.

I have recently bought the Momentus XT SD25 hard drive after seeing the performance I want to return the hard drive to them, so want to know whether I will be getting the refund of the hard drive. As I have heard that we get the refund of the hard drive if we replace the HDD within the 30 days. So do anyone have the idea about this.

I don’t think so that using the Momentus XT SD25 hard drive is the cause for the losing the battery in the laptop. As I’m using the Momentus hard drive in my laptop I don’t think so it consumes more battery life due to the Momentus. Because using this hard drive I’m able to get good life. I think the battery life weakening would be due to the playing of the music , watching videos, playing games and other stuffs. I agree that the hard drive consumes the battery but not more.

As you are saying that your laptop battery started consuming more power after upgrading the firmware of the Momentus hard drive then for this I don’t agree with you. As I have also upgraded the firmware and found out that my laptop battery consumed the same as it did earlier.