Thread: Is firmware version SD28 available for the Momentus XT

Is firmware version SD28 available for the Momentus XT

As I’m using the seagate Momentus XT hard drive for laptop and I would like to know that is firmware available for the Momentus XT. As I have heard from one of my friend that the firmware is available for the Momentus XT but I want to know sure whether the firmware version of the SD28 available for the Momentus XT. Do anyone know about the precise information regarding this.

Re: Is firmware version SD28 available for the Momentus XT

Even I would like to know whether there is firmware available for the Momentus XT. As I’m using the same for my laptop and if there is firmware available then from where I can get it.

Actually I tried searching everywhere and was not able to find the update for the firmware for the Momentus XT. Even I searched on the website of the Seagate and could anything regarding the firmware update. So after searching for the Momentus XT firmware I think it’s just the rumor spreading all over. As if firmware update would be made available then it should be mentioned on their website. But I don’t see any news or article related this. So according to me I think it’s just rumor and nothing more.

You can try upgrading your firmware from here.

I bought the Seagate Momentus XT , after buying the hard drive what I did first was upgrading the firmware to SD25 since many of the friends suggested me to first upgrade the firmware. But upgrading to this I had occurred some of the errors which got repaired with the Seagate tools but was not properly repaired so what I did is upgrading the firmware to the SD26 after which those errors got solved but what I saw is that the performance was not up to mark. But I upgraded the firmware to SD28 and after which I noticed change in the performance and now the performance of my Momentus XT is just good and most of the error was solved out after upgrading the firmware.

I tried upgrading the firmware to the SD28 and what I found is that I’m getting the same error as I use to get in earlier SD26 version. So what I should do now any other solutions.

See if you are having errors in the Momentus XT hard drive then I must say you that you should try upgrading the firmware again and see whether the error has been solved. And I would also suggest that you should also try using the Seagate tools as some times problems are solved with the Seagate tool. So my advice would be you should try upgrading the firmware.