Thread: Clicking noise and slowdowns in Dell XPS 17 L702x Stock Hard Drive and SSD

Clicking noise and slowdowns in Dell XPS 17 L702x Stock Hard Drive and SSD

Actually I’m using the dell XPS 17 L702x laptop and whenever I connect the SSD drive to the laptop what I find is that the noise starts coming from the hard drive. So I want to know why the noise is coming from the SSD drive and how can I fix this problem. Do anyone know about this as I don’t have much idea about the internal functions of this.

re: Clicking noise and slowdowns in Dell XPS 17 L702x Stock Hard Drive and SSD

Usually the hard drive causes the noise and I don’t think so it is a major issue until and unless the noise is more louder than it sounds usually. So see if you are hearing the sound of the drive more louder then I guess there might be problem in the hard drive.

I would like to know from when you facing the hard drive issue and when you are getting the noise, I mean after the booting up your laptop or while connecting to the external device. As it would be answerable if you provide exactly when this issue is occurring.

I’m facing this issue after booting up of the laptop and whenever I connect SSD hard drive to the laptop and I have noticed this that when I remove the hard drive it stops making noise. So I’m not getting why there is noise coming when I connect to the SSD hard drive. It would be helpful for me if you provide the any solutions for this as I would get rid of this. Because of this noise I am really frustrated as it makes noise every interval of 2 min whenever I tried connecting SSD to the hard drive.

Sometimes it happens that you get the sound in the hard drive when you don’t get enough power supply to the laptop. So I guess the reason might be this. And if the reason is not this then you should try changing the connector to HHD1 to HDD2 and see whether it is making noise or not. Because earlier I had the similar type of the problem, so one of the friend suggested me to change the connector from HDD 1 to HDD 2 and after changing the connector mine had stopped making noise.

So I would tell that you should try doing this and see whether you are still getting the noise or not. As changing the connector worked with me.

Re: Clicking noise and slowdowns in Dell XPS 17 L702x Stock Hard Drive and SSD

Even I am facing the similar type of the problem with my WD 640GB. First when I attached it started giving noise so I was not able to get was my WD HDD had a problem or was it some other problem.