Thread: WD TV Live 2 features

WD TV Live 2 features

i just heard that bestbuy start its selling, where this model is yet not stated on WD's website. if this is true than i must want to know about this. anyone have any idea about any features or any advantages of this new model?

Re: WD TV Live 2 features

I still have a first-generation WDTV. Since I almost exclusively untouched Blu-Rays I PLAY that is of course extremely important and just as there are still a few problems. Is it bad enough (to my knowledge) no Media Player is supportive of the sup. But the WD zickt around for some Untouched Blu-Rays with sub subtitles and jerky. For this reason (and only this), I consider to switch. Now my question would be whether any Board member from a nice place in the Ruhr where I can once Reconnect my hard drive a couple of movies on a live or G2 a try.

Time but you got a better Idee. Bestsell at Amazon.Contact him return without problems again

I could could not found anything on it other than a few sites taking preorders. I deduce all they can do is wait for an official announcement from WD. I am curious to see what improvements are made in this new model beyond hardware upgrades. I as well wish they would state an EOL date for the present generation of Live devices.

I hooked mine up & so far it is cold, haven't played with it much yet since I must crash so I can work tonite but will document more on it tomorrow if somebody desires. As far as usb hubs, I'll try with a couple drives tomorrow but I have a wd mybookworld edition with two additional ext drives hooked to it & the new player recognizes all of them. I was one time astonized to see it at BB since it is not even listed on wd's site yet. BB didn't even have a shelf tag fir it yet.

I think it seems bad, like an early '90s cable tv box. I do not like the fact that the 2nd USB port is on the front than the side. I want to utilize both USB ports and having a cable protruding of the front looks wicked. The other thing I have noticed is that the box doesn't call it the WDTV Live two, WDTV Live.

I have owned a live and for about 6 months and I am liking it. I have seen lots of people complain about it in these forums, but mine works flawlessly. I use it in my room and it does the whole thing I require, apart from a few things. Can someone verify the actual differences between the this new and the live and? At the moment.

Having read the manual & looked at a number of the pics. It is at a standstill galling that there emerges to be no possiblity of using a USB hub - at least they could have had an additional USB port or (or three or four). or lovely touches - seems you can set the lights to turn off on the front of the player. The subtitle colours function will be helpful. I at a standstill think it seems so bad, though and having the second USB port in the front is crazy. All right, possibly if one & two were in the back, then a 3rd in the front for quickly attaching the odd device.

I have a 3t WD usb three.0 drive for media AND for backup of my WD 2T mybook live. From my computer it backs up fast, but it slower if the drive is connnected to the And. I am lazy and would favor to leave the 3t on the Plus And than swap them back and forth. The computer pre3sently has just 100mbs but does have usb three.0. speculating if this giga port on the new model would improve the speed closer to what the PC gets or is this strickly a usb two vs three situation.