Thread: How to solve the sound delay in Microphone when recording in Windows 7

How to solve the sound delay in Microphone when recording in Windows 7

After upgrading from Microsoft Vista to Windows 7, my microphone input has a wait for about 500 milliseconds to 1 second when recording. This is mainly noticeable in application like Ventrilo. Cause whenever I try to start this application the video file work out very well but there is sound delay with video as compare to the audio. So I want to know anyone else having this type of problem or anyone have overcome this problem? So reply me on this post. I m currently having Windows 7 64bit Home Premium operating system on my pc with the 6 GB of RAM and the Nvidia GTX 280 graphic card.

Re: How to solve the sound delay in Microphone when recording in Windows 7

If anyone contains an audio driver as well as codec that depict the hardware loopback, it will yet be there on the Levels tab of the Speakers tool. However, not the entire drivers rendering this issue. If you had this selection on the windows XP as well as load the identical audio driver, it should be out in the open on Windows 7. identical issue with the stereo mixer. If the sound driver exposes it, it will be accessible. It is unseen by default on Windows Vista or the Windows 7. But on the footage tab if you right click in the release area and choose illustrate disabled devices, you can facilitate it. If a Stereo Mix device is not exposed, then the sound driver is not revealing one. If you had this choice on windows XP, then please attempt installing the identical driver edition that was earlier installed.

I've installed the most recent Realtek driver. I have attempted going all the way through Asus website to get the most recent for the onboard manager and was capable to acquire my realtek audio card working, but the holdup continues. It stench for recording since there is a wait then it makes it impracticable to time things correct. I've also attempted the steps sketch over but the difficulty vestiges. I've put out of action all the improvement on the audio device, I've set "instant mode" both on the microphone as well as on the audio device and it is yet waiting. This is a most important problem for me as partially of what I do with my computer involves recording audio input.

I have attempted through the integrated Realtek High Definition soundcard as well as a CMedia PCI soundcard, aged, new installed as well as updated drivers for mutually sound cards, unlike microphones connected through microphones in, line in or through USB port and the identical latency, similar to 1-2/10 of a second. And consequently described "answer" is ineffective as I'm demanding to exercise my computer as a home karaoke system, so I can't uncheck the "snoop to this tool choice. not anything at all in hold up.microsoft.com, as if they by no means heard of it when a straightforward look for in google gives many of results concerning this unsolved trouble that someone said is there ever since Vista Service Pack 2.

Hope this helps. I have been struggling with delay/latency issues while recording. Very annoying. I use adobe audition 1.5 through windows 7 and alesis multimix usb interface. nothing more upsetting than hearing yourself a split second late. I have corrected the problem with a simple unchecking of boxes under the audio settings. I dont know why it took this long to figure it out. I didnt think it would be such a simple thing.. go to the control panel, hardware and sound, manage audio devices, make sure speakers and mic are set the same wether it be usb audio codec or high def device, under the listen tab UNcheck listen to this device, under advanced tab UNcheck anything under exclusive mode. make sure you click apply and ok..

this wont help everyone but it may help some people. good luck!

did you go through the steps i posted below? should work. if it doesnt, it might not be a microsoft problem but i think it is.

did you go through the steps i posted below? should work. if it doesnt, it might not be a microsoft problem but i think it is.

please try it before upgrading/buying blah blah blah. ive done a ton of searching and these few simple steps helped 98% of the people who tried it.