Thread: Wrong firmware in Seagate Barracuda ES ST3500630NS

Wrong firmware in Seagate Barracuda ES ST3500630NS

i am having Seagate Barracuda ES ST3500630NS anbd with this i have done the big mistake while i was trying with the flash my ST3500630NS using seaflash with a firmware for ST3500630AS, now i am getting that the drive is bricked. i am not able to boot my system, but when i checked with the Bios at at that time i get that my BIOS is showing hard drive but still i am not able to boot the system. what can i do for resolving this problem? please reply me back for this..help me for finding the original firmware 3.AEK revision to tray reflashing.

Re: Wrong firmware in Seagate Barracuda ES ST3500630NS

sorry here, i am not able to help you for your problem related with the original firmware, be cause i am not having the idea that which firmware have you downloaded? but if you are going to give me link for the ST3500630AS firmware then may i help you in this case. and also reply me back that which procedure you use?? and tell me back that how BIOS now identify your drive? Model number? Capacity??? when you are trying with the SeaTools at that time what does it says??? reply me back about all my this questions, after this, i may try to get the proper suggestion for your also.

OK, after i get the DELL update package, i tried wiht the extract the firmware for ST3500630NS and with the help of the seaflash I runned
    "Sf -m GALAXY -f 3bks500.bin -i ST3500630NS -b -v -s -x -w 10".
    while, i was trying with the update at that time i get that update runned well and also my bios see my drive as seagate with 3.BKS version firmware, but when i am trying with the repartitioning, at that time it get fails again and again. for making sure about this, i tried with doing the same things again and again. but i get that each time it fails. when i am trying with the scannign the drivers at that time Seatools for dos scan the drive without error. what can i do for resolving the problem?? i have also tried with the contacting the Seagate but they also not responds for my post. if here anyone have the suggestion about this then please reply me back for that.

hey dude, i am thinking here that all also my problem is initiated with w32 sallity rootkit. and this is the main reason that why i am getting the problem wiht the new update.please reply me some more suggestion in this case.

hey dude Your posts are a little unclear. First you say that you applied ST3500630AS firmware to your ST3500630NS drive, then you say that you extracted "firmware for ST3500630NS" from Dell's update package.

sorry dear, i have done mistake in the above post that is, i typed wrong. Not "AS" but "NS" this is because DELL dont have a "AS" firmware package. please reply me back about the results for that.

YEs, i also get the same update here:

New firmware update

and after tryign with this i get that command line worked well for that i have to just query the "-w 10" at the end. try with the same, hope that this also help you for resolving the problem.

Yes, i also tried with the same but still there i get that it is saying that i have not need to revert to your earlier firmware, and also it seems like when SeaTools performed a full surface scan, it may have tested sectors that your OS had not previously accessed. and also i am not gettign the way for searching the old firmware. is here no one have the idea about how to get the old firware back??? when i was trying with your suggestionat that time i get that they are giving some warning as:::

Some of Dell's firmware files have a short 256-byte (?) header. This header MUST be stripped off if you are using SeaFlash or FDLxxx.EXE, or any non-Dell update method. AFAICT, the image file extension is always FWH in these cases.

let me tell you here that now the drive is running with Paragons software. and when i checked for that at that time i get that there are 188 eror on smart and I couldnt clear the smart error logs. now i am getting that the drive is slow then the before, and for resolvign this i am still searchi9ng for getting the original firmware for this also. let me tell you here that i have find the 3.AEK firmware for ST3500630NS but inside the archive are 8 file with MOD extension. but still i am not having the way for using this, can anyone here tell me about this??

YEs, i know about the LOD extension but still don't recall having seen a MOD. can you tell me the way or getting teh 3.AEK firmware?? if yes then please reply me back for that. and also let me tell you here that as examination with a hex editor should tell us whether the file looks right.

OK, so can you here please tell me back how to remove the 256 bytes header?? if you are having the suggestion about this also then please reply me back for this also. and here let me tell you that for HEX editing i use HexWorkshop software. and i am sure that DELL have also a package with 3BKT firmware. please reply me back if you are having the right suggestion for doing that things.

Hi all, i am having Seagate Barracuda ES ST3500630NS and with this i was also havign the Wrong firmware problem,. but when i tried with getting the New firmware update for the link which Kulbhushan has given here, now i get that the problem is to be resolve,. thanks Kulbhushan for that link.