Thread: VIP 400 watts PSU geting hot

VIP 400 watts PSU geting hot

hi guys this is really annoying i dont know what is the matter with me PSU but recently it is really giving me much of the trouble and i am pretty sure it is my PSU not something else so ate the tiem i start my PC my PSU withe in the 5 minuts of its booting to the windows it get extremely hot that hot that i cant even touch it with me bare hand it burn it i have no idea what is wrong with it is there anyone here can tel me whether it got scraped or it is some issue with my power supply please guys i need help on this issue i would be really glad if some one help me out on this problem thanks .

re: VIP 400 watts PSU geting hot

i this it is something wrong with your psu but not the powersupply if it is in the warrenty then its is better you send it to the RMA or else purchase a better PSU like the
    • Corsair
    • CM
    • Seasonic

did you see the PSU guide? Have you observe the picture? Yeah, that is made bu the VIP oem 400W Gold By The Way

i dont believe what you said generally even under pressure PSU doesn't acquire that hot as said by you...

given this is the situation so there is absolutely something wrong with the PSU as already told on the above post

get it exchanged on the RMA or it will be lot nicer if you get a fresh branded one if you can able to buy

i think the fans in the PSU is not working properly that will be the only reason that i fells that your PSU is getting hot just open up your cabinet and then the remove the PSU box then open it and cleane the fan inside it oil it and all by the way but even though the fan is not working it will not make the PSU that hot that you did mentioned so Send it for RMA.

so that means that i required to change it i my opinion and by the way my cabinet is extremly clean because i clean it every once a week

so i guess i have to replace it before its all get into the hardware and this all stuff is really unknown to me i am thinking of going for the FSP Saga II 500w or else a Corsair CX430V2 can anyone suggest me which one i must go with i m also thinking to upgrade my GPU with something similar to 6850 or at most GTS450 can you guys please share your opinion on this i woule be really appreciating that thanks

hey good to here that but can you tell me that what exactly you are looking for and how much is your budget i will then can assist you what is your options

i guess i will at the most will spent 2500 INR at the most for the PSU and about the GPU i will buy it next month not in so hurry do you have any suhhetion on this that would be really very helpful to know about

dont know the exact price for this PSU but have 3 option in my mine

1. FSP Saga II 500
    2. Corsair CX430 V2
    3. Seasonic S12II 430..

this three will perfectly suit your requirement

thanks for the reply that is really a great option that you have given to me and i was hopping that i would be going with the corsair CX430 v2 but on the othere thought i would like to know that what of oi go for the Seasonic S12II 430 i mean does it be enough for opreating to 6850 and will FSP SagaII 500w be enough can do for the same reason i mean 12v AMPS thanks in advance

hi feels bad to know about the your PSU and if it is under the warrenty this you better get it repalced and about your above question the answer is that both Seasonic S12II 430 as well as FSP Saga II 500 will be suitable for what you looking for hopes this will helps