Thread: better SMPS for my NVIDIA 8800 GT 512

better SMPS for my NVIDIA 8800 GT 512

I have a NVIDIA 8800 GT 512 MB graphics card. I make use of Zebrionic's REAL WATTS PRO-550 of 550 W to add on power to my card . I had bought it 3 years previously and it had extended 3 years warranty . It am facing with some difficulties at this moment , so I made a replacement of the fan in the PSU , not releasing of the fact that it had 3 years warranty . at present it doe not seem to be in a working condition. as a reason, I am considering to purchase a new one . i want to know Which brand's of which version will be well suited for me.

Re: better SMPS for my NVIDIA 8800 GT 512

if you consider budget at the max 3.5k, i would advise you that it will be well good and enough so that it serves as "energy efficient" and " enough for your graphics card to run , and not owing for an surplus power .

if you are opting for max 3.5k. i would recommend you to move with Tagan TG500 or SeaSonic S12II 520 Bronze. i can suggest that FSP Blue Storm Pro 500W@3.5K would be a great option serving to you or i suppose going for GS600@4.1K which will prove to be more future proof in addition, FSP Saga II 500W@2.3K will be well sufficient for driving ur 8800GT. so all the option are good enough. its upon you to make a selective choice for.

if you consider in terms of fan noise and warranty periods for the 4 PSUs, i can say that Tagan is with 1year of warranty, but cant say.Fsp-2, Corsair & seasonic 5. if going to concern the noise the all have pwm fans at very silent mode and will max out only on full load which means at the time of gaming so it doesn't make an consideration.

if you find somewhere confusing around locating a Online or local dealer giving at cheaper rate, or supposing yourself with a safety of buying online, i want to say that online buy can serve efficient deal.and according to my consideration, most of the time the distributor of that particular brand in your city should be ready to accept it for RMA,or if the product is DOA (dead on arrival or dead in a day or two), ship it back to the shop and they will be ready to accept it.

even though your at present PSU Zebronics PSU , Pro 550W is not 80+ certified, it wil be able to handle 8800GT. So previous to have a buy I suppose you should show the PSU to the official Zebronics Service Center for having a good repair. As if it occurs out of warranty period, they will charge something for that . But chances stand high that cost you far less than a latest PSU. If service center help is not provided, you can move to any good computer repair shop for checking. in real Zebronics exists with two series of gaming PSU, Pro and Platinum. Pro series are more better and can be made use of with middle end Gfx cards. They are costly in the sense.

i can give a small description to all the users regarding the SMPS. the work of the smps is to incorporate a switching regulator resulting in an highly efficient in the conversion of electrical power. similar to various other types of power supplies, the work of an smps is to transfer power from a source similar to that of the electrical power grid to a load (e.g., a personal computer) at the time of making conversion from voltage and current characteristics.you can have a check for new ones available in the market. finally its all upon you to move with. the latest would be more preferable.

a seasonic 520 bronze is a quality product which is way better than your current one and more future proof. i would recommend you to repair the Zebronics PSu and have a sale of it. I suppose it is able to fetch at least 1K from it if you are able to repair it to full working sense. in addition with it you can make use of by keeping it as your backup PSU.