Thread: Ink usage of HP Officejet Pro 8500

Ink usage of HP Officejet Pro 8500

i just bought HP Officejet Pro 8500 and its ink use is really more. i mean its using more ink, so i need some suggestion or if possible just know me some other printer. Its main objective is to print the bills and I have no computer settings to print only in black. Despite this, the cartridges of color, blue, in particular, are running a second time. As acquiring the machine, which have replaced the black cartridge three times what is fair, taking into account the use and the color cartridges have been replaced once. I agree that the machine comes with not being high performance, but do not understand why the color cartridges run out when not printed in color. Am I missing something obvious or is this normal?

Re: Ink usage of HP Officejet Pro 8500

The Officejet 8500 has individual ink supplies and printheads (CII) and pigment inks. A little ink is used to keep the print heads permanant semi-free of obstructions. In some ways to print the cyan (~ blue) ink can be used to "underprint" black to provide "more black" blacks and faster drying. This can happen when printing in normal mode when printing the first page of duplexed pages and in the best way to print the entire text.

The fast draft setting generally use about half the ink for printing in normal mode or better. Does your driver provides a setting for "grayscale printing" and "use only in black"? Graphics are usually printed with the color cartridge (including grayscale) unless the "use only in black", the selection is made. Theories Conspiricy hand, there are good reasons for this. The black printhead is designed for printing text and has a relatively large droplets of ink. A thin plot can be done using an appropriate mix of smaller droplets of color.

I would have akin much ideal than had been able to say or else. I do not like having to utilize my color cartridge to print black. I will utilize my alternative to print on "plain paper, fast draft, black and white" far more superior. I utilize the twise yellow and cyan or magenta and yellow is my prefored color less. If you have a selection of color (not black) in which the print will be and has all the time been blue. If you have information regarding whether the chice of this "plain, fast draft, black and white" is at a standstill utilized yellow cartridge, I would appreciate that information.

Anyone have any idea, can we utilize just a black ink cartridge and overlook the self destructing color inks? I have had my printer for a few years, and it has just began to eat up the yellow ink cartridges. My usage is continues. So i dont understand what else could be the trouble in this?

I am my 8500 launch window. I've been having problems apparently with a print head jammed after only 2,000 pages in total. After several print head cleaning printer would work for possibly a day and go into cleaning mode laterthan each other page or leave ares without printing on the page. The next day there would be no black and have to begin all over again. it seems that the head cleaning process uses a ton of ink so recently had to buy a full set of ink, because everyone was exhausted. Finally broke down and bought a new set of print heads and now my ink levels are low reporting back successful but probably only about 10 printed pages. More than $ 100 worth of supplies!

Here i too have some trouble with an Officejet Pro 8500. Is there a way to work around the machine you need the color cartridge to print in "black-only mode? My printer says I have to replace the yellow cartridge earlier than it can print anything, which is greatly annoying, as they do not have the money to rush out and purchase color ink so I can print just in black. If anybody knows a workaround, it would be much appreciated.