Thread: Flashing light will not shut off on HP OfficeJet 6122

Flashing light will not shut off on HP OfficeJet 6122

I have HP OfficeJet 6122 all in one printer on my Windows XP Pro SP3. it works well but for printing point of view its continuously flashing light. i try to shut off it but it doesn't happen on this windows xp. I replace both cartridge of this printer for multiple times but it gives such kind of problem. can anybody also faced such kind of problem, then please share your experience related to this printer. thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Flashing light will not shut off on HP OfficeJet 6122

you can try to removed and reinstalled the drivers and unplugged and plugged power cables on your printer. this is well for you to fix such complicated issues onto it. try this re installation of the printer driver and check what result arrives onto your windows xp.

sometimes, there is possibility that the paper is present on the printer. Open all the covers and make sure there is no paper or small piece of paper stuck somewhere in the paper path. yes, this is possibility when the paper is being present inside the paper path. hence this light gives indications that the paper is still present on it. you need to remove this paper form this printer. then check that the same light is still flashing or not. this is necessary for fixing such complicated issues on your windows system.

Quote Originally Posted by Gameli View Post
    sometimes, there is possibility that the paper is present on the printer. Open all the covers and make sure there is no paper or small piece of paper stuck somewhere in the paper path. yes, this is possibility when the paper is being present inside the paper path. hence this light gives indications that the paper is still present on it. you need to remove this paper form this printer. then check that the same light is still flashing or not. this is necessary for fixing such complicated issues on your windows system.
    I checked each of the things but there is not any such things happen on my printer. i think its firmware problem of the printer. what should i do that fix this complex issue. thanks in advance for any more suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannai7 View Post
    I checked each of the things but there is not any such things happen on my printer. i think its firmware problem of the printer. what should i do that fix this complex issue. thanks in advance for any more suggestions.
    if you found such kidn of problem then i must say that you need ot perform the reset setting of the firmware with the help of the printer. try this and check what result arrives onto your system. if this nto work, then i will be suggest to you that perform online printer driver update task on it. this is most simplest way, to fix this complex task. try this nad check what things happen onto it. you can found printer latest driver on the official as well as non official site. hence try this and check what happens onto it. if any problem in that, use device manager ans perform update printer driver task.

The top cover of the printer may be open and hence this Flashing light has been continuously on. solutions is simple over it. you need to perform close the printer top cover. it will be stop this flashing light. nothing else on it

Make sure the proper installation of the cartridges on your HP OfficeJet 6122 all in one printer. this will be work to fix your complex issue. try this and check its valuable result on it. if you want information about how to insert cartridge on this printer, read our forum thread that explain more things about it. also you can take help of the manual that explain it in describe manner.

When the power light is flashing the printer is preparing to print. there is nothing wrong on this process, you don't need to do any such kind of process on your printer if this light flashing for just few time slot. try this and check what result arrives onto it. i don't thing so that there is any such kind of process necessary onto it. try to avoid your concentration on this issue. this will be work to avoid such kind of normal things.

Remove both cartridges and use the genuine HP cartridges for solving issue if it is related to the cartridges. this is well work when the non HP cartridges is present on your system. try this and check the performance of the printer. whether it is blinking the light LED or not. for more things about it, call service center number and get its information.