Thread: After upgrading to OS X Lion, unable to mount Buffalo Tech Terastation NAS drive.

After upgrading to OS X Lion, unable to mount Buffalo Tech Terastation NAS drive.

I just upgraded to OS X Lion and now I cannot ride one of my three disk NAS from Buffalo Technology, a unit of 1 TB TeraStation is quite old. Neither Apple nor Buffalo Technology can help me. I can connect to the unit via my browser and the IP address of the unit; nevertheless I am unable to mount the drive on the desktop to access the files. Anyone knows how to overcome this trouble?

Re: After upgrading to OS X Lion, unable to mount Buffalo Tech Terastation NAS drive.

Do a sudo dmesg in the terminal as soon as you connect the drive to the Mac and warning messages. Post them here and that could help shed some light. Also check your console application and observe if you notice any mistake is there.

Re: After upgrading to OS X Lion, unable to mount Buffalo Tech Terastation NAS drive.

I am facing this trouble
    Code:
    smb_smb_negotiate: server support HD-01

Here is the same, SMB support it does not work correctly.

Code:
    kernel [0]: smb_smb_negotiate: Support for NAS is deprecated (PreXP), disconnect

I work for a web design company and we have a TeraStation and I was capable to acquire my lion installation .To activate the "DHCAST128" support the following:

Code:
    sudo chmod o + w / Library / Preferences
    defaults write / Library / Preferences / com.apple.AppleShareClient afp_host_prefs_version-int 1

Now, reboot the PC. From Finder, select an AFP server, or use "Connect to .". This will cause the client to create the AFP Preferences file complete. Launch of the new terminal and do:
    code
    sudo defaults write / Library / Preferences / com.apple.AppleShareClient afp_disabled_uams-array "Cleartxt Passwrd" "MS2.0"  
    "2-Way Randnum of change"
    sudo chmod ow / Library / Preferences

Well, now I'm completely hose! I cannot access my other two NAS drives now, too! give pleasure to help me at least back to where I was, I was capable to connect to two units LinkStation.After following these instructions I have no access to my iTunes library! What I can do to undo this mess?

I have the same trouble with my Conceptronic CH3HNAS and found a free of charge and simple solution. Since a large number of people report they are able to access their NAS with other applications in the Finder, I decided to look for File Manager to make use of instead of Finder.

No, iTunes does not even observe my TeraStation Preferences. Nevertheless I have two other Buffalo NAS Link Stations that iTunes can be accessed without any trouble. I just required being capable to support this TeraStation age of the new units, nevertheless when I attempt to copy a file, I do not observe anything happening. So I do not know how to copy MuCommander the Finder. I have had a lot of troubles with my NAS drive that I'm in the market for a FireWire drive to connect straight to my Mac

Just met to make use of my usual FTP program (download speed) to access it through FTP of fixed local IP address. Everything works like a charm Yes, it's a rapid fix for that work does not stop, and nevertheless I would love to have it accessible through a window in the Finder like any day before through SMB services. I’m going to experiment with other FTP software that I call transmission, for the reason that we believe you can make a desktop shortcut to access servers and may be faster than the release of Speed Download.

I imagine I'll have to wait for Apple NAS and people decide what we do. ITunes this is one thing I imagine. I learned that Sonos is also a you cannot access the iTunes share

Due to changes in the Lion, the netatalk-dependent NAS will not work unless you use 2.2b4 or later to it. Since version 2.2 stable has been released, expect third NAS to pick, particularly since Lion does not like previous versions. If you are adventurous, or you have your NAS, you be capable to install 2.2 on your own.