Thread: Need OS X Lion Scan Driver for Hp LaserJet 2840

Need OS X Lion Scan Driver for Hp LaserJet 2840

Hey all I am getting the problem with the Lion to Scan via Network from the HP LaserJet 2840. And also for getting the suggestion about this I have also searched in the so many of the suggestion but still I get no suggestion about this. I am using Hp LaserJet 2840 because in the review of this scanner and printer I get that they have told that this is proved Mac OSX Support. But now I am getting the problem while I am trying to use the Hp LaserJet 2840 in the Lion 10.7 what can I do for getting resolve this problem?? Please reply me back about this?? Can here anyone suggest me about the suggestion on this?? Please reply me back about this. And also if anyone else is also searching for the same them also reply me here about this.

Re: Need OS X Lion Scan Driver for Hp LaserJet 2840

Before this, I was having the snow leopard and recently have upgrade to the new Lion and I am really very happy with this. Btu when I go to the snow leopard at there I get t hat I am getting problem as my Hp LaserJet 2840 is not supported by me. And for that I think that I am using the old drivers with this and for that reason only I am getting this type of the problem. For that I also tried with the upgrading the drivers but still I get that printer is not working for me. What can I do for make HP2840 work on OS X Snow Leopard??

Yes, I also agree with the above problems. I am also searching for the same reason. And also I would like to say here for that reason, I am preventing me from upgrading to OSX 10.7. please reply us soon for the suggestion about this.

If you are again getting the same problem then for that I will suggest you that you will need to follow the steps as:

• Install old Leopard HP software. This should make scanner work thru the HP Director.
    • Delete the HP2840 printer from Printers & Faxes
    • Install Snow Leopard drivers from Apple.
    • Your HP2840 should be found & configured & this will make the printing function work.

I have also tried with this steps and this really helped for me. Try with the same, I am sure that you will not get the problem with this. Reply me back about the results of this.

Hey thanks for the suggestion about this. But here can you please provide me the link for the downloading the OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Printer Drivers from Apple?? Please reply me back about this??

Yes, For downloading the Drivers for your Apple you can download them from::

Download OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Printer Drivers from Apple

Thanks again dude, great steps. I tried with this and get that this is working very fine now. Before your suggestion I was getting the same problem. I also relying on scanning over ethernet as well. And working with this printer on the Leopard and Snow Leopard is very problem getting. For that I had searched for the so many of the suggestion but still I get that drivers which I have downloaded is not working properly for me. But when I tried with the drivers which you have provided in the link at that time I get that this is now working very fine for me. Thanks a lot for those links,.

Ok if you are getting that type of the problem then for that I think that you will need to follow the steps which are given as::
    • On snow leopard, reset your printing system by right mouse click -> reset printing system.
    • And after this reset, Install the full software version for the HP 2840
    • And then Run software install as admin, select network printer.
    • After this you will be able to Upgrade to Mac OS X Lion

I am suggesting you this all because with this all steps I have tried with the so many of other systems and over there this worked out in any single case. I am sure that this also works in your case also. And also before 5you are going to try with this, here I would like to inform you that scanning device will just never look up in HP Scan or HP Director. I am not sure that this will help t5o your system also to work fine but his have worked for me and I am hoping that this also works for you.

Yes, I am also having Hp LaserJet 2840 at my office. And with this, I am getting the same problem. And for resolving this, I have also tried with the drivers which you have given here but after this all I get that this is still not working fine for me. Any other good suggestion for this??

I am not getting here that how you are able to manage with the using the 'Scan' with the Snow Leopard?? Because I have tried with this and yet I have not get the suggestion about this. Hope that here someone will really help me for getting resolve this type of the problem. Recently I have also upgraded to the Leopard and also with this I am not able to configure the proper drivers with this. Can you please tell me that from where you get the proper drivers for using in the Leopard?? Can you please reply me the direct download link to that driver??

I am not able to understand that why I am getting this problem related with the scan functions only?? Yes, I tried with the drivers which you have given to the above post but still I get that this is not helping me to resolve the scan problem with the Lion. Can you please suggest me some other things for doinfg this??

OK, if after using the drivers which i have suggested in the above post, you are getting the problem, then i think that you are not using the drivers which i have suggested to you. try to download the drivers from the link only. and then install this in your system and then see if it helps you to resolve the problem. it also might happens that you have downloaded the defective drivers, so make sure about this and then reply me back if you again get the same problem.