Thread: Help, HP ENVY 100 got stuck in update loop

Help, HP ENVY 100 got stuck in update loop

I am having HP ENVY 100 printer and I have easily finished with the setting up the printer. I was very happy with this. But before few days I get under Tools that it is saying that new updates were available for the device and also it is recommended downloading and installing them. After this, I tried with the updating the drivers of the printer and there I finished with the downloading two of them. But when I was proceed with the third one at that time I get stuck with the error message that I saying that Do not power down during update, for resolving this I have also tried with more then four times, but still in each case, I get the same problem there that is saying the same error message. What can I do now?? Please reply me back about the suggestion about this.

Re: Help, HP ENVY 100 got stuck in update loop

Yes, I also get the same problem while trying for the update. Someone please suggest us about the suggestion of this. I get stuck while I was on the step 3 same position as the above users.

Hey but in my case, I get this error when I was at step 5 of 5 and at there I get this problem. At that time I ca see that I am only having the choice for the retry or continue without the update. At that time I decided to continue without the update. And there I get that printer said do not power down during update and this message remains for the 5 hours. And then I tried with the resorting the system and there I get that, this same message is there for the 9-12 hours now. Why this is happening?? Please give us some steps for getting resolve this problem.

Ok, for that thing I will suggest you to try with the following setting and hope that you will get resolve the problem. And the steps are as:

• Unplug the power cable from the back of the printer.
    • Wait for the 1-2 minutes.
    • Re-plug the power cable from the back of the printer to the wall outlet directly.

Reply me back what happens after trying with this??

After reading all the post over here, I am thinking now that you are getting this type of the problem because of, you are getting the problem which is related with the printer hardware. And for getting that problem, I will suggest you to try with the go back to the store from where you get the printer and there ask for the replacement. And I am sure that they will help you for the replacement and after this replacement you will not get the problem related with the update. Reply me back about the result after this.,

Yes, I agree with the replacement. But for this, I will say to you that this replacement will take 5 to 7 business working days from now. And if you are getting for the replacement at that time you may get new replaced one or refurbished printer not sure about this.

Ok, friends. Can you please reply me back about the master reset button that can take me back to factory defaults?? Pleas reply me back about this, if there is any.

Yes, I am having the steps for the All-in-One to the factory default settings. And for doing this thing, you will need to try with the using following steps:

• First select the return symbol, home Symbol and Cancel & Home symbol symbols present to left of touch screen.
    • And after this selection, you will need to wait till the 30 seconds and then you will get the message as: Support Menu
    • And then use Left or Right arrow to select the reset the menus and then press OK.
    • And then select right arrow to select Semi Full Reset and then press ok.
    • And also for this, you can get the Home Symbol at the Top left, and Arrow Symbol at Middle and also the Return Symbol at Bottom left.

Try with this all setting for doing the hard factory reset and hope that this helps you to resolve the problem. Reply me back about the result about this.

Hey thanks for providing the information for the factory default settings. I tried with this, but still this is not working fine for me. Now I have decided for the printer replacement and hope that after this replacement I will not get this stuck in update loop problem with my printer.

But still having the same problem, can you please reply me back about this that why I am still getting the same problem after trying with the above steps also. But the original posters of this problem have get resolve the same problem?? Please reply me some other ste0ps that will help me to resolve this problem in my case. And also let me tell you here that for making sure about this thing I have tried so many times but I get that this is still not working. What to now??