Thread: OCR not working under Snow Leopard on HP OfficeJet 6500

OCR not working under Snow Leopard on HP OfficeJet 6500

Last six month I used this HP OfficeJet 6500 printer and I used it on my Mac OS X Snow Leopard. Two days before I upgrade this OS to 10.6 Snow Leopard. After this process, I found that the scanning and OCR text process is being not working. Can anybody help me to fix this complicated issue? Any help regarding this issue must be appreciable.

Re: OCR not working under Snow Leopard on HP OfficeJet 6500

I have the same issue with my on a PhotoSmart 3100, NO OCR! Then I try reconnection printer process onto it. Now printer works with this OCR software. Nothing wrong happen onto it. in this reconnection process, firstly I try to unplug all the power supply of this printer and my desktop pc. Then simply I connect all the cable connection of this printer to my desktop pc. After that I installed latest driver of this printer. This will be work and now all the printer connection work with this OCR software.

Quote Originally Posted by phunsuk View Post
    I have the same issue with my on a PhotoSmart 3100, NO OCR! Then I try reconnection printer process onto it. Now printer works with this OCR software. Nothing wrong happen onto it. in this reconnection process, firstly I try to unplug all the power supply of this printer and my desktop pc. Then simply I connect all the cable connection of this printer to my desktop pc. After that I installed latest driver of this printer. This will be work and now all the printer connection work with this OCR software.
    You can also try to set its disconnected state to enable stage. Try this simple thing and check what happen onto it. I hope that this will be work to fix your complicated trouble.

HP provides full Snow Leopard software download from HP Software and on CD that ships with many products. You need to buy this CD and get its full advantage over your printer. I hope that this CD help to you for making the proper connection with your snow leopard and then you need to buy this CD from near HP store. You can also get this CD on online manner with the help of HP support site.

Scan ICA software included in Mac OS X 10.6. You do not need to reinstall or download any HP software for accessing full functionality of your printer. Use this software and check its result. Use this ICA instead of using OCR. It is alternative way to do the same process instead of doing the same work with OCR software. Acquiring the scanner through an ICA session. Ensure that the server edition is compatible with your snow leopard and this ICA software. If yes, then only try this software. Otherwise it is just waste of time. Download Epson Stylus CX4600 ICA Scanner Driver 5.3.0 for Mac OS. These scans reveal discontinuity of the intraluminal left ICA contrast column, reflecting an occluded vessel. This is best for connectivity purpose.

The scanning interface is now built into Snow Leopard and supported with the ICA scan interface. Hence I would be saying to uninstall your OCR software and use this ICA for scanning the text after doing this printing process. Try this and check what result arrives onto it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabert View Post
    The scanning interface is now built into Snow Leopard and supported with the ICA scan interface. Hence I would be saying to uninstall your OCR software and use this ICA for scanning the text after doing this printing process. Try this and check what result arrives onto it.
    If after upgrading to 10.6.2, the HP scan utilities did not work, you can try to downgrade this OS. In snow leopard, the same kind of options works in my case. You can also try this if you not found any best answer. This downgrade will be work in most of the cases and mostly it applied at last stage. Hence try this process and check what result arrives onto your Mac OS X system.

Quote Originally Posted by Gameli View Post
    If after upgrading to 10.6.2, the HP scan utilities did not work, you can try to downgrade this OS. In snow leopard, the same kind of options works in my case. You can also try this if you not found any best answer. This downgrade will be work in most of the cases and mostly it applied at last stage. Hence try this process and check what result arrives onto your Mac OS X system.
    There is no need to do this complex task on your Mac OS X system. Let me get this straight--when you plug-in the printer, the OS automatically downloads the drivers. Try this printer driver upgrade task with the help of device manager option of snow leopard. Try this process on your system. I am hoping that this will be work to fix your complex issues.

I also faced similar kind of problem on my Mac OS X system. Reinstalled the older drivers so that I would get the old HP Uninstaller application which I had deleted. This process is very simple and it almost similar to the downgrade process. hence try this if you also get the same problem.