Thread: Thumping sound comes from hard drive of Lenovo IdeaCentre K320

Thumping sound comes from hard drive of Lenovo IdeaCentre K320

I use this Lenovo IdeaCentre K320 desktop pc and configuration of this system is being as follows:
    • Motherboard: Intel H57 Express
    • Processor: Intel Core i3 530 2.93 GHz
    • Hard Drive: 640GB - Standard Serial ATA-300 – 7200 rpm
    • Graphics Card: GTX560
    • Ram: 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM

My problem is when I try to reboot this desktop and try to do something onto it, it gives Thumping sound. If I listen carefully sound comes from hard disk when the hard drive head moves. We all know that such noise isn't acceptable. Can anybody help me to avoid this noise? Thanks in advance.

Re: Thumping sound comes from hard drive of Lenovo IdeaCentre K320

If your desktop pc has been in warranty period, you need to returned the thumping machine and bought another brand. This is necessary if such noisy cases happen with this hard disk devices.

I faced similar issues on my desktop pc. I hold this HDD in hand and place it on bottom of CPU upside down. With the help of this position not any other electronics touch with this HDD. It works and in result this thumping noise is gone completely. You can also try this by changing the position of the HDD in the same desktop pc. This might be work and then there is no need to do any replacement strategy onto it.

You can try two long zip ties and have the HDD hanging underneath the cady storage area. This will be work to keep your hard disk cool and away from any other electronics device. Hence I would be recommend do this process and check its response on your desktop pc.

The similar kind of issue arrives on my desktop pc when I use Lenovo desktop system. In that case, I decided to do something extra otno it for removing such troubles. Then I read some news and articles about it. they suggest me different solutions. I try this solution. I applied HDD on the inside of the cover and it worked perfectly. Now there is not any thumping sound come from this hard disk. I think this sound come because of the hdd outer surface is being touched with the cpu panel. Hence, after putting it inside cover all sound gone. You can also check this simple thing and locate its result.