Thread: How to replace LITEON 310 WATTS PSU to ANTEC25 650 WATTS on Lenovo IdeaCentre K320

How to replace LITEON 310 WATTS PSU to ANTEC25 650 WATTS on Lenovo IdeaCentre K320

I buy this Lenovo IdeaCentre K320 desktop pc in last month and now I am facing problem onto it. The maximum total power Shall Not Exceed 310 W, and my computer system requires more than that power supply. Can anybody help me to this changing the PSU? I search a lot about it and most of the user say that ANTEC25 650 WATTS PSU is best for such desktop pc. Is this correct, if yes, please suggest what to do and what not during this process? my system configuration is being as below:
    • Motherboard: Intel H57 Express
    • Processor: Intel Core i3 530 2.93 GHz
    • Graphics Card: GTX560
    • Ram: 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM

Re: How to replace LITEON 310 WATTS PSU to ANTEC25 650 WATTS on Lenovo IdeaCentre K320

Before doing anything you need to check the design of the selected PSU and its available Power supply cables. The 3 wire cable plug in to different computing devices. They are motherboard, front panel and its related devices. You need to check that the power supply has been properly provide this power supply connector. If it provide then only you can able to do this connection. Otherwise there is not possible to do such kind of task on your Lenovo IdeaCentre K320 desktop pc.

Re: How to replace LITEON 310 WATTS PSU to ANTEC25 650 WATTS on Lenovo IdeaCentre K320

650 Watt ATX12V v2.0 & EPS 12V Power supply present on this power supply and it will comfortable with this Intel H57 Express motherboard and its connector. Hence I think there is not any problem arrives at the time of doing the replacement process onto it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabert View Post
    650 Watt ATX12V v2.0 & EPS 12V Power supply present on this power supply and it will comfortable with this Intel H57 Express motherboard and its connector. Hence I think there is not any problem arrives at the time of doing the replacement process onto it.
    Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W Power Supply offers lots of Watts on the three 12 Volt rails (22A, 22A & 25A). This PSU has been made by Delta Electronics which is one of the best PSU manufacturers nowadays. You can directly contact to the manufacturer of this PSU with the help of official site. Manufacturer gives you details about this issue and its related information. Hence I would be say that try this simple thing and check what result arrives onto it.

Also there is necessary to contact the expert person of the Lenovo desktop pc. They have more experience about it and I am sure that they suggest you should this PSU connect to your desktop pc or not. This is helpful to you for avoiding power supply problem.

Quote Originally Posted by JErastus View Post
    Also there is necessary to contact the expert person of the Lenovo desktop pc. They have more experience about it and I am sure that they suggest you should this PSU connect to your desktop pc or not. This is helpful to you for avoiding power supply problem.
    Few advantage of this PSU is being its voltage regulation is very good. The ripple and noise suppression is good enough. I picked up it and it seems decent enough, though the mess of cables is kind of bugging me. After reading the reviews of this PSU, I am sure that this will be work on the Lenovo system and hence I would also suggest to use this more power watt based PSU on your Lenovo system. This is best for improving the power capability of this desktop. Which is also works for managing the connections and make better coordination with them. You can take help of the manual for replacement of the PSU on this desktop system.

I recently changed the power supply for my K330B, and found the same problem. then I read its manual and as per the few instructions mentioned on this manual I follow it on my desktop system. It works and finally I was able to fix these complicated troubles on such system. You can also try this thing and check its result onto it.

If the warranty expired on Lenovo, you need to construct wiring connection is solder P9 connector to the new one. You can do this by cut P9 connector from old power supply. Try this simple thing on your PSU and CPU system. This will be work and in response it helps to fix your complicated problem onto this Lenovo desktop pc. For more information read few articles with the help of the third party site. This is best for you.