Thread: Lenovo IdeaCentre B510 won't Boot

Lenovo IdeaCentre B510 won't Boot

I don’t know whats wrong with my Lenovo B510; the problem is it will not boot usually today following above 4 months of exhaustive use. I just obtain a black screen through a cursor blinking top left. I can obtain a boot following startup by the use of F12 and afterward clicking "PO-Hitachi.... etc". What can be the issue? I am somewhat delighted by the B510 and thought it was a really good deal and I am pretty computer savvy, but I am stumped by this problem. Memory use is currently about 45% of 4 GB.

Re: Lenovo IdeaCentre B510 won't Boot

You do not look in your manual? This should be indicated.

Otherwise, I think for Lenovo, to restore a "factory configuration", you must press the keyboard key "Lenovo Care".

Backup your data and reinstall everything! Sorry but I have nothing better than that! That’s what I'd do me in this case!

Boot from the installation CD of your windows XP ... The screen Windows XP Setup and select the option "To recover a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press the R key" .... press "R" and then you will be prompted for an administrator password that you put when you installed the first system. (If you have not set a password, leave the box blank and press "Enter ")... once you're in the recovery console, type fixboot and accepted.

Restart the computer and try again.

Try to go into the bios and do a reset to 0 and after, does everything with as little as possible self. If your motherboard has a problem it would give an audible signal (especially when it's prob a video) or if a video signal (text)

The failure is always present: There it remains for you to blame the hard drive. Go to the site of the manufacturer of your HDD and download the tools for analysis and repair (do not forget the physical BOOT file from your hard drive, it could be the cause of its failure). If you have a close friend with a PC that supports your hard drive, requests him to test your HDD, your readers and your CPU separately on his machine. These tests could save you life difficult for you. If all these devices work, it'll remain as food and the motherboard to check.

Given the symptoms, I would go for a power problem. Trying to do with another if the PC boots normally. Also check the connector (white, large) on the motherboard if it is pressed, you can even remove it and return to see (in case of slight oxidation). Another cause could be the motherboard itself (much more annoying and expensive).
    Quick question, when you press the switch and the computer does not boot, does nothing happens (no indicator lights, no sound of fan starts up) or it does not start but witnesses and fans operating.

I think the problem is of ram is not connected that said, from a distance of "no boot" is that it is the bios reset itself, and then it may not know which drive to boot. It is perhaps the ram is dead, there would be a message like "memory test failure" something like that.