Thread: Need power input combination for TS-L632 DVD Writer with SATA interface

Need power input combination for TS-L632 DVD Writer with SATA interface

Wish this get solve soon guys have this problem Can anybody assists. I have a TS-L632 DVD Writer among a Dell YG554 A02 SATA interface. The data connection is a typical SATA socket. The power connection is a little four pin socket. Pins are numbered 1 to 4, pin 3 is vacant I require the power input combination, does anyone here have any solution for this I would be really glad to get it solve

Thanks in advance

Re: Need power input combination for TS-L632 DVD Writer with SATA interface

Maybe you could give details what you're trying to achieve. Are you trying to install an SATA drive in a non-SATA system and not able discover the suitable power connector?

Please post back in addition to it let me know if you require more assist.

Not exactly that but I am not trying to place a SATA device in a non SATA system. If you seem at a TS-L632 DVD Writer with a Dell YG554 A02 SATA interface you might observe that the power connector is non normal. The SATA system I expect to install this piece of equipment into has just standard IDE plus SATA connections. I could make a power cable up for the device GND 5v 12v however it might be 50-50 chance It would be bad to scrap the device since I had put the 12v line on the 5v pin.

Thank you!

Can you tell me in what system do you want to install this drive Please post back and let me know if you need more help.

Hey I am sorry but Are you playing some somewhat game with me. That is if I provide the accurate response you will assist me in addition to give me the information that I require. Or is it that you do not recognized although are just a time waster. I am regretful although really. If I say that am going to put the TS-L632 DVD Writer (SATA) in a Dimension 4550 P4-2.8, Win XP my primary home system Latitude D620, T5600, Win 2000 my work system

Well, I want to apologize. at the time you said the TS-L632 is SATA, I incorrectly take your word for it. That is a notebook drive plus is PATA, so the interface is dissimilar.

My regret for not checking. Take care,

Ok I elaborate this properly

• The TS-L632 DVD Writer have a Dell YG554 A02 interface which is obviously imprinted SATA on the PCB.
    • Dell customer services refer to the equipment as SATA in its talking to me.
    • The DVD writer plus interface come with a extremely large Ali plate connect to it I would not like to take the laptop that it belong to.

Hopes this clear every this

I am having problem with my YG554 PCB by Tray with a DVD ts-462D in a Dell OptiPlex 745 system. I recognize that you are seem to be to locate how to join that tray into your system which you be supposed to have named. Everybody might have been able to assist. anyhow the 4 pin appearance of the 745 Power provide is Black Red None Orange. Black ground, Red 5 volts, Orange 3.25 volts. I am not certain that this is normal. This is what my volt meter is significant me. I am familiar with that you are trying to place this into a system that has usual SATA connections. I don't imagine you actually desire to do this. You have a part that is presume to fit only sure DELL models.

You may find that your DVD Rw only fits into the YG554 PCB. In that case you stuck.

i make out what he is attempting to do as in relation to the sata interface on the YG554 PCB interface power plug pin-outs i require to do a like thing myself if anyone might post what the pin-outs do 1-4 it might quite simple make use of an old CPU-fan plug among a through connecter to power the YG554 PCB interface from a stranded power supply really want to know this guys and if you sorted it please let me know

YG554 PCB in Optiplex 760 as said above pin 1 is direct to ground. Power cable as of power supply contains 2 wires, red and black. I complete adapter for power cable splice into wires, put black on pin 1, red on pin 4.

MultiMate display almost 5 volts at power connector associates on CD-Rom board. Bios don’t see CD-Rom; get error 'no device on SATA 1. Hard drive is SATA 0.

1. Pin 1 negative
    2. Pin 2 positive
    3. Pin 3 blank
    4. Pin 4 sensor.

I've get one wired in Optiplex 760. tap red and black of power cable as of power supply, tapped orange beginning cable going to hard drive. Toshiba DVD-RW operational.