Thread: Dell XPS 600 not starting with only showing diagnostic light #4

Dell XPS 600 not starting with only showing diagnostic light #4

I use this Dell XPS 600 desktop pc and now it gives problem. When I try to start this desktop pc, it doesn’t start but the diagnostic light #4 is being ON. I don’t know why this happen onto your desktop pc. If anyone experience about it, please share your own experience here. Hence please help me to fix this issue. Thanks.

Re: Dell XPS 600 not starting with only showing diagnostic light #4

If you faced any such issue onto this desktop pc, you need to apply specific task onto it. In that case, you need to first try to check that the CPU FAN is being continuously spin or not. If it is not spin, in that case you need to replace it with the other CPU FAN. This replacement will be work to fix your complicated system not start up problem.

CPU FAN not spin is not meaning that the problem is completely based on the system FAN. In some cases, might be power supply of the system has not been capable to make this connection. In that case, you can make sure all the connections, special power supply connection with the motherboard has been connected properly or not. If it is not work, you need to fix this issue with the replacement strategy.

If you had the earlier GC375 Motherboard, then consider this an upgrade. In such situations you need to replace the motherboard of your dell system. This is necessary to fix any computer system issue. You can might be check the processor as well as other expansion card connection with your dell desktop pc is being properly connected or not. If it is not connected you need to replace it with the new hardware and check same result. This is necessary to fix this issue. Sometimes, reinsertion also work in such cases. Hence I would be say that first try to do the reinsertion task onto it. If it not works, then try to replace this device. It is helpful to understand the real problem of this desktop pc.

I have a similar problem, but the amber light comes on and the fans start then everything shuts down. Then I simply do the CPU FAN replacement task onto it. This replacement process works on it and in response this will be help full to fix such complicated task onto it. you can also try this simple thing and check what result arrives onto it.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikaGeek View Post
    I have a similar problem, but the amber light comes on and the fans start then everything shuts down. Then I simply do the CPU FAN replacement task onto it. This replacement process works on it and in response this will be help full to fix such complicated task onto it. you can also try this simple thing and check what result arrives onto it.
    I checked in my computer case and at least four capacitors are dead or dying. Jumper setting is also making proper connectivity task onto this task. Hence I would be suggest to you that first try to jumper setting task onto it and then try this connection on your Dell XPS 600 desktop pc. Manual of the desktop pc will be work to fix this connectivity task onto your desktop pc. Hence try this and check what result arrives onto it.

If the power light is off, reseat the power cable into both the power connector on the back of the computer and the electrical outlet. Also you need to check all the connection of the power supply. If there is any mistake present on it, in that case, you need to replace it with the other PSU. This is helpful to you for fixing your power connection problem.

If the power light is blinking amber, ensure that the voltage selection switch is set to match the AC power at your location. In this case, jumper setting makes an important reason onto it. jumper setting mostly done with the help of the manual of this motherboard. Hence use the connection mentioned on the manual and applies it onto the motherboard. This will be work to fix your connection problem.

The diagnostic light combinations listed in the Dell manual. You can use the troubleshooting section of this desktop pc. This manual will provide you the complete details about this issue. Hence try this simple thing and check what result arrives onto it.