Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links



Dell Optiplex GX270 Shuts Off At Desktop Screen

Hardware Peripherals


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 09-11-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 106
Dell Optiplex GX270 Shuts Off At Desktop Screen
  

I have been using Dell Optiplex GX270 and it was Working fine by now but then I donít know what has went wrong with it suddenly because it has suddenly shut off and now it is not getting started and I have found that the there is no amber light and I am not hearing any beeps as well but I have found that the fans are running fine. I don't know what is the exact problem is and I donít have much knowledge about the hardware as well so is there anyone who can help me out with it. Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-11-2011
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 364
Re: Dell Optiplex GX270 Shuts Off At Desktop Screen

Quote:
I have been using Dell Optiplex GX270 and it was Working fine by now but then I donít know what has went wrong with it suddenly because it has suddenly shut off and now it is not getting started and I have found that the there is no amber light and I am not hearing any beeps as well but I have found that the fans are running fine. I don't know what is the exact problem is and I donít have much knowledge about the hardware as well so is there anyone who can help me out with it. Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.
First try to perform the following and then let me know what you find:
  • Re-seat all the connectors.
  • Check out the usb ports and make sure that they are clean and they are not having any loose contact as well.
  • Also check and make sure that the USB ports have not resulted in short.
  • If possible open the case and then check if there is any sense of short circuit.
  • These are the very common reason that makes the system go down so just check them out and then let me know so I can help you further.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-11-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 866
Re: Dell Optiplex GX270 Shuts Off At Desktop Screen

Yes it is necessary to re-seat connector in such cases and in order to do that you just have to detach it and then attach it again you donít have to take it out completely after removing it just try to clear the contact and then put it again and I will suggest you to use a torch or something in order to check the usb ports because without them it is a bit difficult to make out and if you want then you can also use a magnifier in order to get a close look and using these it will be easy to make out if they have been misplaced form their usual place inside the connector and if you have a air blower then it will be better to clean the ports. To get the location of the connector just check out this GX-270 System Board.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-11-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 106
Re: Dell Optiplex GX270 Shuts Off At Desktop Screen

I have went through the board pic that you have showed in the link but then when I see at the same location then it appears to be some kind of a red chord and I it is attached hardly and I am not able to unplug it gives me a feeling that it will get stretched but I wonít come out and it is pulling the board in fact and I will like to inform you that it use to happen like this before but then it used to get started after some tries and I was also able to a yellowish hue on the power button previously but after it had shut off last time I have not noticed that yellowish hue again. I donít know what to do because I have not opened my cpu like this before so everything seems to be new for me the only thing that I have noticed well is that a old capacitor is appearing to be leaked so should I try pulling it out and then attaching it again
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-11-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 866
Re: Dell Optiplex GX270 Shuts Off At Desktop Screen

Quote:
I have went through the board pic that you have showed in the link but then when I see at the same location then it appears to be some kind of a red chord and I it is attached hardly and I am not able to unplug it gives me a feeling that it will get stretched but I wonít come out and it is pulling the board in fact and I will like to inform you that it use to happen like this before but then it used to get started after some tries and I was also able to a yellowish hue on the power button previously but after it had shut off last time I have not noticed that yellowish hue again. I donít know what to do because I have not opened my cpu like this before so everything seems to be new for me the only thing that I have noticed well is that a old capacitor is appearing to be leaked so should I try pulling it out and then attaching it again
I really wont suggest you not to pull anything from the board other then the connector and if you are saying that the capacitor is appearing to be leaked or it is appearing to be bulging from the top then I think that there is some problem with it and it is also possible that you will have to get it replaced but then for doing that I will suggest you to take it to the service center and then let them do their work and I really wont suggest you to figit with it any if it is quite old then I will say that it would be better for you to get a new computer than getting it repaired or replaced and I will like to inform you that the white connector which is plugged in to your computer must be having a latch on the side and it must be depressed to release the connector so you can just try to move it a bit but then donít just pull it in a wrong manner because it can then damage the board and you will run in to some other problem as well.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-11-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 466
Re: Dell Optiplex GX270 Shuts Off At Desktop Screen

I will also like to inform you to get a back up of all your files as well before trying these things but if you think that they are just not working right and helping you in any sense then I it will be better to visit a service center rather than messing with the other things. Just give it a try and if it still does not make any difference than do not try anything else.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-11-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 106
Re: Dell Optiplex GX270 Shuts Off At Desktop Screen

Quote:
I will also like to inform you to get a back up of all your files as well before trying these things but if you think that they are just not working right and helping you in any sense then I it will be better to visit a service center rather than messing with the other things. Just give it a try and if it still does not make any difference than do not try anything else.

Yes I think that I should better contact the service center because I really donít have much knowledge about the hardware and even though I was able to perform some of the solution that you all had suggested are not working though so even I think that I should not try another solution anymore. Anyways thanks to you all for you help so far.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , , ,



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "Dell Optiplex GX270 Shuts Off At Desktop Screen"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Weird noise coming out from Dell OptiPlex GX270 servan$ Hardware Peripherals 9 05-02-2012 08:26 PM
Dell Optiplex GX270 Motherboard replacements Bookmark Motherboard Processor & RAM 6 07-05-2010 10:23 PM
Modem for Dell optiplex gx270 Tungesh Portable Devices 3 14-08-2009 07:59 PM
Win XP - Gateway FPD2485W vs. DELL Optiplex GX270 no max resolution Perkins Windows XP Support 2 17-08-2008 08:00 PM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:02 PM.