Thread: Unable to open OS reinstall links on dell machine and need help with activation

Unable to open OS reinstall links on dell machine and need help with activation

Hi, I am using dell’s machine and when I was about to reinstall the operating system on the machine when I click the LINK mentioned below, it was not opening however, I have tried so many times the same thing.

All OEM, I used reinstall disk and now it is requesting me to activate using the key, but as far as I know I don't have it, s neither it is not on the disk nor envelope or computer. When I bought the machine brand new there were OS which were installed already, this is the first time I have tried to make use of the OEM disk. Thanks for any suggestion for resolving this.

Re: Unable to open OS reinstall links on dell machine and need help with activation

I am not getting what you are trying to convey over here, I mean to say do you want to reinstall the operating system on your machine, or wanted to open the LINK you have mentioned.

Because after opening that LINK I came to know that it was actually regarding the Restore or Reinstall Microsoft Windows on a Dell Computer, so that basically means you wanted to reinstall the operating system isn’t it? Or you have already tried reinstallation and you are stuck at the activation windows? It would be better if you make yourself clear and then post it again over here.

Re: Unable to open OS reinstall links on dell machine and need help with activation

I am agree with the above user as you should post It clear over here, and if you are stuck at the activation window then you should make sure whether you’re trying to install the windows from the Legitimate windows copy, or else I don’t think you’ll get the activation code for the windows. Can you please let us know from where you are trying to install the windows? And as far as the link you have mentioned is concern I would like to recommend you that you should try to open it with the help of another browser rather than the one you have already used.

well actually the thing is like I have always had the ORIGINAL OEM RE-INSTALL DISK which is actually a windows restore disk that came with the computer when I had bought it. In fact it came with a WINDOWS VISTA install disk as well thus when I got some problem with the registry I was about to clean install the operating system.

But over here someone told me that with OEM DELL preinstalled with windows XP there might not be a sticker because maybe key is embedded on the motherboard or some such, but as far as sticker is concern I can’t find any and really it is possible to have key printed on motherboard?

I do not know whether it is possible to have key on motherboard or not but still I am wondering because you are just confused, because windows reinstallation is quite easy process as you need to first download the ISO file of whoever operating system you wanted to install in your machine and as you download it from the official website such as Microsoft so off course you’ll get the activation key as well.