Thread: Error while installing GeForce Fx 5500 PCI on Dell Dimension 3000

Error while installing GeForce Fx 5500 PCI on Dell Dimension 3000

Hii,I have the GeForce FX 5500 (PCI) and tried to install it on my Dell Dimension 3000. I followed the instructions in this forum, but all I get is a blank screen. The graphics card fan is spinning, so I know something is happening, but do not hear the Windows startup sound. When I plug the monitor back to the original monitor port and check the configuration of the control panel you can see the configuration of new letters saying that the card is working well, however, I see nothing? Can you give me any advice?

re: Error while installing GeForce Fx 5500 PCI on Dell Dimension 3000

When you plug the monitor back to the original monitor port get VIDEO (integrated video is deactivated). Could the BIOS settings have slipped back to join or remain PCI?

The only BIOS settings are as follows: Board or any other settings are Auto in the BIOS to configure the card into the PCI slot? Disable the card is integrated into the control panel applet or do you also have enough to uninstall the drivers for that card? There was also some mention of the differences between the 3 PCI slots. Currently the bottom two PCI slots are full (the lower slot has a SoundBlaster card). Is there any difference if I try to connect the graphics card in one of the last two PCI slots and moving (eg sound card) PCI slot in above?

In the BIOS set to AUTO, I'm sure you did. Please Off the board in the Device Manager. You do not need or want to uninstall the driver. For some reason, this process becomes frustrating. Some users have solved the problem. By changing the location of the PCI slot. It's worth a try.

I think the power supply is good. The FX5500 is fed little and the Dell power supply is more powerful than the nominal. Search this forum for a problem like yours. His problem has occurred here quite often and has been solved by various means assuming the card is not defective. No. Any PCI card should work in any slot. In some situations, some cards in the slots in particular may conflict with each other, but if you only have a PCI card installed, it should work anywhere. The card does not require drivers to display. That will work well enough to allow installation of drivers. You should see the output of it immediately.

Re: Error while installing GeForce Fx 5500 PCI on Dell Dimension 3000

I had the similar difficulty. Here's my query: I installed a G-Force FX 5500 -128 bit PCI video card in my Dell Dimension 3000 (operating factory set up, apart from with an additional 1 GB of RAM), but I cannot obtain the damn thing work. I followed all directions moderator message but all I observe is a blank screen. I even tried to set USB emulation to not start and clear the NVRAM in the bios. So I thought I must have a defective video card, right? Well, no. So I recognize the video card workings, I cannot obtain the motherboard to disable the onboard video and use pci vid card as the most important video chip. anybody have any idea? I think I've done, but there must be somewhat that will do the trick.