Thread: How to rebuild the thrown Dell Dimension 3100

How to rebuild the thrown Dell Dimension 3100

First of all, I would like to tell you all that I am not computer guy. Today I got one throwaway dell dimension 3100 which was disposing from my office. I got the CPU and the monitor. This is not having any hard drive or the RAM and other than this, it is also not having any cable to it. All I want to ask you people is that if I get the hard drive and RAM along with the connecting cable then if this will be enough to run the system or will I require something else. Also I have the keyboard and mouse. Please reply as soon as possible.

Re: How to rebuild the thrown Dell Dimension 3100

My suggestion to you is to get a new computer instead of wasting money and time on that PC. You are just having the frame and you will have to buy almost all the things to it and it will cost you a bit less than buying a new computer. So get the new one and that will be the best option for you. You will get a good configuration in about Rs.20000/-. I think that this will be best for you.

Let's consider regarding this. You'll require an SATA hard drive, possibly $60 intended for a 500GB drive. You will require 1GB of DDR2 PC2-5300 RAM, possibly $20 on Ebay for good quality. Cables are simple to get and cheap. For example, an SATA data cable intended for the hard drive is just $5-7. For the OS, what I suggest is that you make use of a Dell XP disc from someone to reload operating system.

As you told that you get that from your office then I am sure that you know the original purchaser of this. If you want then it will be possible for you to get the set of recovery cds (operating systems and drivers) from them and that will be very useful to you.

The best thing that I can told you is to throw that in dustbin and go for some good laptop if you really wish to have some good experience of the computer. This is the only thing that you can do for this.

I think that you will have to go through the manual of that and I hope that you will get some help from that. But this is always risky dude. So don't do that unless and until you are confident about that.