Thread: Computer not working properly after installing updates for dell Studio XPS 7100

Computer not working properly after installing updates for dell Studio XPS 7100

Hello everybody, I am not a pro in computer, but can as a minimum follow a few instructions. Later than installing updates, my PC just will not work properly. not booting after update the computer, my computer is completely fail. I ended up rebooting the computer & reset it to its factory setting four times now.
    Here are my problems;
    * At the previous reinstallation procedure, I heard a noisy beep on the cabinet, just can't memorize how a lot of, but it would not stop.
    * Now, on my fourth restoration process, the PC seems slow to reply, like there is several strange viruses.
    * I heard my computer fan functioning very noisy, like it's functioning truly hard during the boot procedure.
    QUESTION:
    1) Should I reboot again?
    2) Do I require a fresh/new hard drive?
    Any ideas guys related to this topic? Thanks in advance!!!

Re: Computer not working properly after installing updates for dell Studio XPS 7100

I have some question related to this topic:-
    • Later than the system updates are the entire said & complete, does it do something? Does it power & you just not obtain video? Does it confirm the Dell logo?
    • How are you reset or restoring the computer system? Are you using a disc which is provided by Dell that gives you decide "Custom (Advanced)" or "Upgrade" option? If not, are you using the DDSE backup: Dell Data Safe Emergency backup?
    • Have you ever attempt a System reset or Restore? It's the service built in by Microsoft that permitted you to roll back changes to the computer system (F8 key for boot- > Repair my PC -> System Reset or Restore). By default Windows Updates make a system reset or restores points if in case somewhat like this obtained.

Re: Computer not working properly after installing updates for dell Studio XPS 7100

I'm interested with the restore factory if you're presently installing Windows over itself continually. In your C drive folder, is there any file name is “Windows. Old"? If so, then you haven't removed the entire of your system's prior information. This could be causing a application divergence and/or taking up extreme space in hard drive which may reason you’re your computer system to slow down. As well if that is the case then you're nearly all likely lost many of the drivers for the computer system. Installing those would get better system presentation, if they're lost. You can verify your drivers by going to ‘Start’- > in the ‘Start files and programs ‘search box check the DEVMGMT.MSC file, this will loading Device Manager in computer . If you are lost something in there then finding the suitable driver(s) will be a big assist.

The whole thing seems very well in Hijack this so I don't believe it's a startup item. While there is not anything mistaken in the startup I'd give you two suggestions?
    1. Please remove or uninstall the Ask Toolbar.
    2. Remove or Uninstall antivirus like McAfee. Just attach with MS Security Essentials. Who knows, possibly McAfee is your crisis! It's a huge resource hog & I have never had excellent familiarity with it as an antivirus. Even computer over the previous couple years hasn't had so much in the technique of nice things to say about it. That is complete maintain to going with the system latest Updates to observe if the problem reoccurs or remains.

A family member of mine had strange errors (like you're telling) with a DEL Dimension 5150 ... ejected the power supply was faulting. I put back the power supply and all was fine. Can't say it's the trouble with your device, but its significance a thought. As for antivirus defense, Windows Security Essentials is sufficient for customer use and free of charge.

Unluckily that Update is Win 7 SP1 so it wants to be installed as there are many of security patches & fixes built-in in it. When the update is unsuccessful, what error message does it give you? In order to understand which edition of Win 7 you have (if you don't previously know) go after these steps: Just Click START -> right click on computer -> click on properties. In that window you will notice it separated into dissimilar sections; under ‘System’ you will notice ‘System Type’ 64-bit OS or 32-bit OS. Now go to the Microsoft website which is MS Download Center. If you have a 64-bit click on that download link. Or if you have a 32-bit click on that download link. Save this file to your computer use Safe Mode. And install it. I think this is help out.

I went to the Microsoft original website. But I was given two kinds of 64-bit which are:-
    1. The first .exe file size is 511.0 MB
    2. The second .exe file size is 903.0 MB. Not confident which file I choose?

If you have a 64 bit operating system clicks the download choice next to ‘windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe’ (next to last choice). This is the 64 bit download for Win 7 SP1. IA64 is for servers as several run a type of CPU call Intel Itanium. You don't ever have to be anxious about running any update that IA64 based.