Thread: At 06.00 AM every morning, Dell Optiplex GX280 beeps

At 06.00 AM every morning, Dell Optiplex GX280 beeps

Within a year I bought the Dell Optiplex GX280, and a few days before it was working fine. But here I have a problem with this. I was outside my house in recent weeks and when I started my machine and then see that the machine is not to start and it emits a sound only for a minute, after a minute, I see that it begins and works very well. But when I tried to use in the morning second at the moment I see that at 06.00 AM, the new sound for a minute. I've heard this type of error the first time, to resolve this, I also search the suggestion but still no suggestion from me here. Here you can help me solve my problem? Please answer me here again if someone has the idea of my problem.

Re: At 06.00 AM every morning, Dell Optiplex GX280 beeps

The button-type battery, you probably need to be replaced. Duracell DL2032, Panasonic CR2032. You can find these at the grocery store and the pharmacy counter. The GX280 has a bios wake up every day with an adjustment of time. If your game at 6 am after the issue. This is what the documentation says the CMOS settings in power management. The default is not to clear CMOS and reset the date will be fixed that part.

For resolving you problem, I am having the steps which I have given as follows, try with them all, hope that you will get resolve your problem:-

• Reset the current CMOS settings:
    • Locate the password (PSWD) and CMOS (RTC_RST) jumpers on the system board.
    • Remove the password jumper plug from its pins.
    • Place the password jumper plug on the RTC_RST pins and wait approximately 5 seconds.
    • Remove the jumper plug from the RTC_RST pins and place it back on the password pins.
    • Close the computer cover.
    • Attach the computer stand, if used.
    • Close the computer cover.
    • Connect your computer and monitor to electrical outlets, and turn them on.

• After the Microsoft Windows desktop appears on your computer, shut down your computer.
    • Turn off the monitor and disconnect it from the electrical outlet.
    • Disconnect the computer power cable from the electrical outlet, and press the power button to ground the system board.
    • Open the computer cover.
    • Locate the 2-pin password jumper on the system board and attach the jumper to reenable the password feature.
    • Replace the computer cover.

Yes, I also agree with this that you will need to replace the motherboard battery. And also if still you are getting some problem while doing this replacement also then please reply here back. Then in that cause, the problem might be related with the RAM also. But I am not sure over here.

Sorry all, replacing the battery yesterday and this morning at 05:55 am on the computer beeped for 1 minute. I checked the old battery was 3.0 volts as the new one! I also checked the configuration and automatic ignition is off.

I think in this case, you have to check the power management settings. And go to check this only if again faced with the problem after replacing the battery on the motherboard. And if you still the same problem then at that point I tell Clearing the CMOS settings, and after this reset time / date on the computer and check the power management settings. Reply back if this did not help you.

Ok, I have also checked the power management settings again, and finding that I found that they all have the default settings. But here I am thinking of making clear the CMOS settings, and after this reset time / date on the computer and check the power management settings. Once again were put to the default settings. Now I'll have to wait until tomorrow 5:55 a.m. to determine if the problem is corrected. Please suggest me about this. If in the coming days, once again I will face the problem, then I will reply here with you about this.

In this case, I will say to ensure that recovery from AC power is off and that could also happen that you are having a power cut at that time. So for that reason, I would say that if you turn off the machine instead of standing should not come back until manually turned on via the button on the front.

One thing that stands out. You are cutting the AC power to the system via a wall switch at night. When you power than the system time, from what I read in your posts, always reset which means one of three things - either the CR2032 backup battery is defective, improperly installed or have a plate problem base. Also because they are shutting everything down to switch on the wall could be something else is playing and not the PC. I do part-time PC support and most of it is with retirees and see a bunch of strangers "self-inflicted" problems.

The computer, monitor and printer are connected to a surge protector that plugs into an outlet that is controlled by a light switch that goes off every night. All the beeping continues without power to the computer, the only power is the CMOS battery.

I have a Dell Optiplex GX280 Tower P4 3.2GHz DDR2. When you open it there is a long beep followed by 5 short beeps. I know the beeps mean something, but do not know exaclty. I tried changing the RAM, to no avail. It could be video, as there is no signal to the screen?