Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dell Optiplex 990 BIOS does not detect SiL3132

Dell Optiplex 990 BIOS does not detect SiL3132

I use this Dell Optiplex 990 desktop pc in last six month and A07 bios present onto its motherboard. Now I realize that the bios of this system has been not recognize connected SiL3132 PCI Express card. Any anybody faced such issue. Please help me to connect this card with my system. The same thing happens with Rosewill RC-219 card. it use for the USB port connectivity purpose. System configuration is being as follows:
    • Processor: Intel i5-2400 / 3.1 GHz
    • Motherboard: Intel Q67 Express
    • Cache Memory: Type L2 cache
    • RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM - Non-ECC
    • Hard Drive: 500 GB - Standard - Serial ATA-600

Re: Dell Optiplex 990 BIOS does not detect SiL3132

If your bios is not able to detect the connected hardware card, you need to update this bios version. may be it unable to detect the latest configuration based pci card onto this motherboard. Hence try this simple thing and check its performance onto your system.

I also think that this is the right way to fix your problem. You need to select any third party web site for downloading OptiPlex 990 Bios Dell drivers. Select the exact version and then click the button “download”. After downloading this driver, install it properly onto your dell system. This will be work to fix your detect all the latest connected hardware parts of the desktop pc. Hence try this simple thing and check what result arrives onto your system.

Quote Originally Posted by phunsuk View Post
    I also think that this is the right way to fix your problem. You need to select any third party web site for downloading OptiPlex 990 Bios Dell drivers. Select the exact version and then click the button “download”. After downloading this driver, install it properly onto your dell system. This will be work to fix your detect all the latest connected hardware parts of the desktop pc. Hence try this simple thing and check what result arrives onto your system.
    Before you download the desired OptiPlex 990 Bios driver make sure you are downloading the version which is suitable for your Dell system. Sometimes this happen that the downloaded version is being not compatible with the system and hence such un-detection type of problem arrives onto the system.

You can also apply the cmos setting of bios reset task onto this desktop pc, this is the most easiest way to fix this bios issue. In hard reset you need to remove the cmos battery for few minutes. Then reinsert it into proper location after few time periods. This will be work to fix your complicated issue. Hence try this simple thing and check what result arrives onto your desktop pc.

Soft reset also work in this situation. You can try this simple process with the help of proper instructions on dell desktop pc. In CMOS setup look for an option to reset the CMOS values to the default setting or an option to load the fail-safe defaults. This is really helpful to fix such detection problem. To RESET the BIOS on the system you must move the 3 PIN jumpers which is usually located near the lithium battery. This is the process that works as a hard reset task. Hence try this simple thing and check hat result arrives onto your desktop pc.

Before doing this complex task you need to check that the SiL3132 card you not detected onto this system is might be not properly connected. Hence I would be suggest to you that check whether this will be properly connected or not. This is necessary and it fix your connectivity problem. you can use the manual of this card for checking the connectivity task. Also you need to check that the pci slot you choose has work well or not. If it not work well, you need to switch you card to the other pci module slot. It will be work to fix your issue.

You need to also check the form factor of your system. Form factor is the proportion of energy transmitted by that object which can be transferred to another object. In this connection there is necessary to fix this form factor problem. it will be work to fix your connectivity problem. try this simple checking problem and make sure you got right result or not.

If the BIOS see the Intel 82572GI in slot2 just fine, change this card with the other card. then test this card detect by the same pci slot or not. If it detect then the problem is in the card. there is not any issue present onto the bios. In that case, you need to replace this card with the new card. then apply step by step process and get positive result onto your system.

Eta!!

I ran into the same issue a week ago.

Dell changed my Optiplex 990 SFF MOBO and because the problem did not resolve, they escalated the issue to their Resolution Expert Center. I'll let you know what we find.

In the meantime, I ordered a Rosewill RC-226 to try. I expect to receive it in about one week.

Quote Originally Posted by Hymavath View Post
    If the BIOS see the Intel 82572GI in slot2 just fine, change this card with the other card. then test this card detect by the same pci slot or not. If it detect then the problem is in the card. there is not any issue present onto the bios. In that case, you need to replace this card with the new card. then apply step by step process and get positive result onto your system.
    I think a MOBO swap could possibly help this issue but most of the time this is very complicated task. Sil3132-based cards are not visible, while other x1 cards in the same slot are visible. In that case, we need to contact the official site expert person. Expert help to fix such complicated connection issue. Try this simple thing and check what result arrives onto it.

I think a MOBO swap could possibly help
    Dell did this for me. It did not help.

Quote Originally Posted by NineEyes View Post
    Dell did this for me. It did not help.
    Even after upgrading to the latest bios, SiL3132 is not detected in Dell Optiplex 990 or what? Dont use the SATA Revision 3 Port on this Board, as it will cause the card not to show up, and after that swap to one of the SATA Revision 2 ports and check if the issue disappears and the SIL3132 based card gets detected in the BIOS.

Even after upgrading to the latest bios, SiL3132 is not detected in Dell Optiplex 990 or what?
    That's correct. "Eta!!" and I are both using the most recent Optiplex 990 BIOS - A07. I'm also using the most recent Sil3132 BIOS, which is 7.7.03.

Dont use the SATA Revision 3 Port on this Board, as it will cause the card not to show up
    I read about an Optiplex 790 owner having success this way . I unplugged the HD and Bluray drives from the SATA3 ports and plugged the HD into the one remaining SATA2 port. With that, the BIOS continued to report SLOT2 as empty when it was not.

Dell's Resolution Expert Center is tracking this issue for me. I was informed today that,

We currently have a new BIOS that has been submitted to our engineering test group that is showing some promise. However, since the testing is not yet completed, I do not have a release date, yet.
    Hopefully we'll see that release soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast