Thread: HDD not recognized in Toshiba Portege M400-S5032 Tablet PC for installing windows 7

HDD not recognized in Toshiba Portege M400-S5032 Tablet PC for installing windows 7

Hi, I am having Toshiba Portege M400-S5032 Tablet PC in which I was about to install windows 7 but when I started the procedure with installation I came to know that the setup is not able to recognize the HDD of the machine in order to install the operating system. But still I am not getting what could be the reason causing such problem with the machine, is there anybody here having same problem installing windows 7 in that tablet PC? Any suggestion?

Re: HDD not recognized in Toshiba Portege M400-S5032 Tablet PC for installing windows 7

Make sure whether the HDD is really not getting recognize or there is some issue with the disk you are using for installing the windows 7? Have you ever tried to install the same operating system with the help of another disk rather than the one that you have already tried.

If not then I would like to recommend you that you should at least try to install the windows from another disk because it might be possible that the disk you are using is not able to recognizes the HDD partitions while you try to setup windows 7.

Re: HDD not recognized in Toshiba Portege M400-S5032 Tablet PC for installing windows 7

I am not sure about it but still I think it requires the RAID drivers to be loaded so are you are sure that you have installed any such drivers? If not then try to install it first then try to load the windows.

I am not sure about it but still I think it requires the RAID drivers to be loaded so are you are sure that you have installed any such drivers? If not then try to install it first then try to load the windows.
    Raid drivers? But why, what is the connection between the same ?

If we wanted to install windows 7 on any machine so why do we required this drivers, something wired. :o

I do not know whether you have tried installing the windows through another disk or not but still as mentioned you should try it for sure because see there could be some real problem with the setup you are having in the disk you have. Anyways you can have another option as well over here, I mean to say if you really wanted to install the same operating system that means you can install it virtually as well, in other words directly through the ISO file. You don’t have to have disk for the same rather simply download the ISO file to the PC and then through any software like daemon tools or alcohol 120 you can install the whole operating system.

Though I am agree with the above user but still as you have mentioned that disk unable to recognize HDD, so it might be possible as really there could be some problem with the HDD, thus according to me you should try to install any other operating system first and see whether the same thing is happening or not because if you are getting the same problem that’s means you should test whether the HDD is connected properly or not.

And as mentioned above, you should also take care about the raid drivers as well, because they do matters at all !!