Thread: My HP Deskjet 3745 driver appears to be incompatible with windows 7.

My HP Deskjet 3745 driver appears to be incompatible with windows 7.

I have switched to windows 7 and I was preciously using the windows xp and I have a HP Deskjet 3745 printer and the problem that I have started facing now is that the driver of this printer appears to be incompatible with the windows 7 I mean it was working well with the windows xp without ant problem and I am saying that it appears to be incompatible because it is just not working and I don’t find any other cause of the problem but then I am not very sure about it. Is there anyone who has used this printer with windows 7 and has an idea about this? Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: My HP Deskjet 3745 driver appears to be incompatible with windows 7.

I think that you will have to get the latest driver and in order to do so what all you have to do is just go to the start and then go in to the control panel and then go in to the administrative tool and then go in to the computer management and then you will get a window where in the right pane you will have some options so just click on the device manager and then you will get the list of drivers that your computer has and then just check for the printer driver and then make sure that you have the internet connection and after that just right click on the driver and then click on update and then you will get a list after you are able to see the list of drivers just select the latest one and then follow the instruction to install it and then after installing it just connect the printer and then see if you have solved your problem or not.

If you are saying that you have recently switched from the xp to windows 7 than I think that you might have forget to install the printer driver I mean that have you run the cd that you have got with the printer if not then i ill suggest you to insert the cd and then follow the instruction and then check if you are able to solve your problem and if this is not the case then I will like to know your problem in detail so I could suggest you a solution for it just check it out and then let me know that what is your case all about because just saying that the printer is not compatible with the windows 7 is not give any idea about the problem you are facing I hope you are getting my point.

I am having the same kind of problem with my printer on the windows 7 .I have tried to follow the instruction but after following the path when I right clicked on the driver and making sure that there is a internet connection I got a list of river but I don’t think that there were latest any latest driver but then I chose one form it and then when I installed it and then checked later by connecting the printer then I was facing the same problem I have tried reinstalling the driver again and again but then I am having the same problem and now it is making me feel that there is something wrong with the printer itself but I am not very sure. Any further help will be appreciated.

If you want to check where is the problem then I will suggest you to connect the same printer to the other computer that is having windows 7 and make sure that it also has the latest driver for your printer and then check if it is working well or not if not then there might be something wrong with your printer and the other thing that you can try out is that if it is possible than I will suggest you to connect some other printer to the your computer making sure that you have the latest driver for it and then check if you are able to make out where the problem is. Just make a note of what error you are getting and then let us know so we could try to help you out with other solution. Best of luck.

I am having the same kind of problem but not exactly the same I mean my printer (HP Deskjet 3745 ) which is getting detected by the windows 7 but then the problem that I have is that I am not able to set it as the default printer even though it is the only printer that is connected to the computer and I have notice that in the printers section I am getting four of them form which three of them are the Ms Office printers and the fourth is mine HP Deskjet 3745 but then I am able to select the other three as my default printer but I am not able to select the HP Deskjet 3745 as my default printer. Is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out with this?

I had the same kind of situation once when I had bought a new printer but then I was able to set it as the default printer even I was having a list of some printers in the printer list but I actually don’t remember the no of them and I was able to set them as the default printer but I was not allowed to set the printer I wanted to default later what I did was I deleted all the existing printers and then I was having only one printer as an option and which I wanted to be as the default one and then I was able to set it as default. If you want you can try the same and check if you are able to solve your problem or not. I think that it should work for you as it had worked for me previously for the same condition. Just check it out.

I will like t inform you that the most of the drivers have been included in the Microsoft's website for Windows 7 but as compared to the xp some of them have not yet been listed in the windows 7 so I will suggest you to download the respected driver form the Microsoft website and then just download then with the help of the Windows update. In order to do so just follow the below steps:
    • Just connect your printer and then turn it on
    • Make sure that you have an internet connection and then check for the windows update
    • After the windows update shows you a list of latest driver then just install on of it respectively
    • After you install it the printer driver will get installed automatically
    • Now check the printer and then it should work fine.
    • But if the above solution does not work for you then I think that you will have to switch back to the xp if you really want to use the printer.

As far as I know some of the hardware device drivers are really not compatible with the windows 7 and the manufacturers have also not released a update for it because of which we face problem like this. I mean if you have tried to install the driver and if you are still facing problem then I will suggest you to add the driver manually and in order to do so just go to the start and then go in to the control panel and then go in to the devices and printer and then just click on add printers and then in the list make sure that you chose your printer and then follow the instruction and this might help you if the is able to support you printer natively if it is able to support it then you don’t have to use a driver cd for it. Just follow this solution and check if it helps you out or not. Best of luck.

Yes I think that the above solution should possibly solve you solution if it is any kind of driver problem as they have been mentioned as working for other people who has faced such problem but then if it still does not help and your computer is not able to detect the printer than I think that there is something wrong with the hardware and you will have to contact the manufacturer but if you don’t think that there is some kind of problem with the hardware then just call on the hp support center and see if they are able to help you out.

As far as I know some of the hardware device drivers are really not compatible with the windows 7 and the manufacturers have also not released a update for it because of which we face problem like this. I mean if you have tried to install the driver and if you are still facing problem then I will suggest you to add the driver manually and in order to do so just go to the start and then go in to the control panel and then go in to the devices and printer and then just click on add printers and then in the list make sure that you chose your printer and then follow the instruction and this might help you if the is able to support you printer natively if it is able to support it then you don’t have to use a driver cd for it. Just follow this solution and check if it helps you out or not. Best of luck.
    Hey your solution has solved my problem I mean my computer was able to detect the printer when I tried to add it manually I follwed the instruction step by step and lastly I has to choose my computer name forom a list of printers that were already feeded in the list and I found the neme of my printer and when I added that then it worked I hope that I will not face the same problem again now. I am really thankfull to you I was really getting pist with this printer by now but atlast something worked for me.