Thread: Boot failure with Corsair CX600

Boot failure with Corsair CX600

I bought one of these power supplies for my current system, before I was using a cheap no name power supply without any troubles. This was the same system configuration. I made the change because he was concerned about the effectiveness of that thing.

Last month, the CX600 v1 failed to boot after turning off the pc for a night. Perhaps you've heard of this before,Nevertheless when I press the power button, all fans spin for a second and then they all return again. The power light stays on after this, however. I tried the clip jump start test result with the same symptoms and tried to put back the power supply with my old one contemptible. That worked fine boots, and all that. I had none of the original receipts and warranty booklets at this time I thought I had it open and see if anything obvious that could be arranged there. Defeated, all I did then was to save the fan and pull the whole thing.

I bought another one of these belongings thinking I was just having a bit of bad luck. 20 days after buying the new v2 CX600 replacement, who came up with the same trouble? I'm in the middle of filling an RMA request at this time (I'm getting a mistake 504 gateway timeout, nevertheless I will attempt later) but I'm worried though. Even if a replacement is getting here, which means that this practice is there any way I could get a replacement power supply that came true by Seasonic?

Re: Boot failure with Corsair CX600

Two different power sources such die the same way it seems you have problems elsewhere. Maybe a terrible power supply or that is improperly grounded. Do you make use of a power strip by means of a surge protector? Associated directly to the wall?

I have a v2 and v2 600W 430W CX I straight away bought two FM1 socket systems - precisely the same trouble - fans run for a second then shuts down the absolute system before starting. I returned to the store and tested my MB and CPU with memory and had to run well.

I bought a power surge protector and UPS - tried dissimilar leads, different sockets etc - and I have tried both systems exchange components (all new-fangled) and even in both power I acquire this mistake - totally out of thoughts and have a customer you require to deliver what I thought would be two simple control systems!

OEM systems do not always use the components of the platform to consult with the manufacturer of the system and see what the requirement is ATX PSU.

Our power supply is ATX2.1-2.3 Specifications. If an old scheme that be able to have an ATX 2.03 specification. Like a lot of of the PSU is ATX 2.03 V1 Spec.

OK I have solved it - I'm building systems is the new AMD Socket FM1. I became an old power supply of 300 W and started for the first time. My assumption is 430W and 600W that that "domestic" PSU are built to travel out in a very low inrush current at startup. A stream of high average power PSU has solved the difficulty.

Again, a guess, but from reading and use a little sense I think common new chips integrated with APU / CPU and GPU acquire a bit more ordinary in these trips establish CX PSU shut down.

For anyone building a system of decision-FM1 - go for a power supply that is a higher power (no power) rating - there are plenty by all manufacturers that are aimed at overclocking or just spaced superior.

I estimate Corsair HX and VX range may be more appropriate - perhaps people in the laboratories of Corsair could attempt a group of power with some FM1 socket configurations (no graphics card) and observe which are the majority excellent suitable.

No dissimilarity, apart from that is built on a platform of budget, obviously, to decrease costs. Corsair PSU comes in a variety of CWT and Seasonic platforms, with the exception of the AX1200, which is again completely OEM. Anyhow, I know that people with CX power that I have not had any troubles, so maybe it got really bad luck with two consecutive units wrong.

Well done Channel drives excellent, and if you're looking at Corsair HX series, all but one of them are made by that OEM. (The Seasonic HX650 is). I have the HX750 and it worked well for 18 months. But I think the 520W which is now being carried out, so well. Just wanted to add my $ 0.02.

Registered for the sole purpose of informing and say I have the same problem with the CX600.

I was sitting next to newly built for my sister, and the system simply does not boot at all. Solves everything, and found I had the motherboard very well screwed together. After that it worked very well for a couple of weeks.

Until today, when my sister went to turn it on, and just die. It starts all for a fraction of a second (as OP, so did), but then die. Attempt removing the power supply and make the clip famous green / black wire test, nothing. From time to time it just would spin for half a second.

Luckily I'm in the process of moving, so I'm home for a few months, so I have my own team here. I tried my own power supply on your computer and everything started successfully.

Please use the link on the left and request an RMA number, but one thing I would try if you have not done is connect a hard drive fan and the issue then attempt the test a new clip, but make sure the uncoated paper clip or aluminum because it will not work if it is.

Everything that happens is initially the case lights and fans are going to about 1 / 10 of a second and die. The power supply emits a high pitched animal would be madness. Pressing the power button now changes the pitch of the whistle something.

I can choose the Corsair CX600 because I think they did better than the standard crap you see around you. However it seems that a large number of these power supplies are not in a short period of time. Google "Corsair CX600 Dead" and leaves a little, the only solution is to RMA, and still pot luck get a job, or one that makes a constant hum.

I am very dissatisfied; it appears branched Corsair PSU market and downloaded the project to a third party through inferior parts.