Thread: Unable to print from canon IR C4080 with new Mac OS X Lion Driver

Unable to print from canon IR C4080 with new Mac OS X Lion Driver

I just installed the new-fangled Canon driver for this printer nevertheless it is still not operational. I don't acquire any mistake mail. It simply shows in the printer dialogue box that it is printing and then disappears as completed. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Unable to print from canon IR C4080 with new Mac OS X Lion Driver

The previous PS and UFR2 driver that were obtainable prior to Lion's release were establish to work, albeit with some boundaries, so Canon had indicated to make use of these drivers until they release rationalized versions to support Lion.

Another cause could be that you have Dept ID enabled on the copier, where you need to enter a number and password to do a reproduction. And another reason could be that the iR C4080 has the not obligatory imagePASS-H1 print controller and you are using the Canon UFR2 Mac driver, which is not support by the imagePASS.

To check if your iR C4080 has the Postscript kit, or the picture PASS, you be able to unbolt a web browser and type in the IP address of the printer.

The Canon US website made the PS driver available yesterday for download. I know I was using the UFR2 for Snow Leopard so perhaps I just need to wait until Canon releases that one for Lion.

I'm pretty sure I don't have imagePass and I know there isn't a Dept ID either. When I opened the browser with the IP address it indicated Remote UI.

Given that you were using the UFR2 driver on SL then I would say that you don't have the PS kit installed in the machine. You can check this via the Remote UI by clicking the Additional Functions button in the left sidebar and then selecting Custom Settings. Then in the right pane you will observe Printer Settings and UFR2 under this title. If you also observe PS then you accomplish have the Postscript alternative installed.