Thread: Getting DF*.avi files while trying to play .avi files in FreeAgent Theater

Getting DF*.avi files while trying to play .avi files in FreeAgent Theater

I don’t know what kind of problem is this the thing is that whenever I want to play avi files in my system always I get a DF1.avi file, DF2.avi files etc. now I can play them but not able to delete them, now don’t know what it is exactly it is appearing continuously in my screen and now my whole screen is filled with it don’t know what to do at this point of time. So that’s why I am seeking some help from you all on the same, I know this is a very strange but any good help from your side would be really appreciated from your end. That’s what I want to say now start answering over here.

Re: Getting DF*.avi files while trying to play .avi files in FreeAgent Theater

Quote Originally Posted by Gurjari View Post
    I don’t know what kind of problem is this the thing is that whenever I want to play avi files in my system always I get a DF1.avi file, DF2.avi files etc. now I can play them but not able to delete them, now don’t know what it is exactly it is appearing continuously in my screen and now my whole screen is filled with it don’t know what to do at this point of time. So that’s why I am seeking some help from you all on the same, I know this is a very strange but any good help from your side would be really appreciated from your end. That’s what I want to say now start answering over here.
    I have got a solution for you just check if that is the perfect solution for you or not, see what you should be doing is that Try erasing the .theater file that might be stored on your hard drive and now load it back again into the FAT+, see if that sorts out the solution for you or not, so that’s the appropriate solution that I can give you from my end let me know if it was useful for you or not.

Why don’t you have a chat with the customer support about the issue and I think they are the best possible persons in this situation to answer it out for you.

So do as what I have said here, I think so the particular product belongs to the Seagate and hence you should take the necessary help from there only, that’s what I feel. so do the necessary thing that I have suggested here that’s it from my side for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chahel View Post
    Why don’t you have a chat with the customer support about the issue and I think they are the best possible persons in this situation to answer it out for you.

So do as what I have said here, I think so the particular product belongs to the Seagate and hence you should take the necessary help from there only, that’s what I feel. so do the necessary thing that I have suggested here that’s it from my side for you.
    Hey thanks for the solution that you have given here, I did exactly what you have said here and guess what it has deleted most of the phantom files, that’s really great but there is a small twist over here now what is the issue is that *.cfg files are getting showed in the movies folder, now why is that so. Now I fear that *.cfg files should not get listed as the one they are doing it right now. So I hope it will not be repeated but what to do to stop the *.cfg files from listing any idea that you have on that then do let me know about the same if possible.

Do they come up when you are searching for movies via. Movies>Browse Folders? What is the exact situation do let me know about it that would be great that’s what I feel.

No I don’t think so it gets displayed at that time not for sure that’s what I know here, actually I am in the thumbnail mode as of now, so it will be difficult to say anything about that but still it is appearing ion the folder that’s what the issue is, any ideas what is the problem over here.